Lycanthropy as a Class? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Lycanthropy as a Class?

Lycanthropy as a Class?

Well, I'm sure that some of you DM's out there, while maybe not online, may settle down to some down-to-earth DnD and get absurd requests. It's happened to me plenty, "Can I be a Silver Dragon? Half Demon? Celestial? Woman?" It happens whether we want it to or not. Unfortunately, one of these absurd wishes for vanilla campaigns is the Lycanthrope. "Oh, I want to be a Were-Wolf/Rat/Bear/Octopus." Or, "I want to have a werewolf as an animal companion." Well, I was giving the thought of adding a simple progression into the Lycanthrope world. A lycanthrope would be a simple, natural/simple weapon class, gaining strength or other stat bonuses as they go along, good base attack progression, and balancing weaknesses to silver etc. So who here thinks I should try to create one of these? If no one does, then I really don't think I'll bother.

Just drop your opinion by, tell me what'cha think!

Was digging around in the House Rules forums earlier this week and found this. You have to go down a few posts to find the 'current' version, and it hasn't been updated for a year or so, but that's it.

Alternately, have you heard of Savage Species? They've got an interesting take on distributing ECL.

Well, not quite into real lycans. The errata really changed that class (Weretouched Master). You gain some cool abilities though.