Farland arena suggestion - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Farland arena suggestion

I'd suggest (with the good graces of Kemosabe himself) a "ballot" system of selection. Each player during the year (each one who has the time and is still connected) select two characters he/she'd like to see involved. It should be in the main threads somewhere, not here. We'd tabulate the ballots and some up with (8..16..32?) characters to bracket.

I agree -- all we have to do is post some histories on a poll... That way it won't be difficult to manage...

Guess we should get this fired up, then, huh?

We need to create a list of creatures first, preferrably creatures with
Because a picture is worth a thousand words
pictures.

Alternatively, what about this being an event hosted by the pirates of Selfhaven with creatures coming from far and wide to compete. Maybe there's some great prize offered. It could even be a historic event that was offered every few years? Just a thought.

Mmm...It's been a while since I've posted, but I came up with another suggestion. How about characters could take the obvious route and duke it out if they so chose, and then they could fight against other player created characters, or the monsters that Squeak suggested.
Also, they could take the back routes and take/make high stakes gambles on their chosen warriors or monsters. This would open routes to all sorts of sabotage, e.g. sneaking into the arena works to hamstring the greatest threat, and getting out in such a manner that does not jeopardize the legality of their bet. Therefore, PC's could get hired as guards to defend these warriors, hired as hunters to bring exotic monsters from the lands of sin, etc.

jckkeith... we could start by just running it as a forum game here on MW. You interested in DMing it? I'll be here for you to consult with.