Quick questions and answers - Page 203 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

well... this is for a weapon that is meant to help the party fight the avatar of a deity. It should make the barbarian work hard.

Part of the problem is that, at level seventeen, we're talking about rocket tag. Pretty much anything you send against the barbarian will either get one-shotted immediately, or destroy him. There's not much middle ground.

Another question, is there an actual skill called Hypnosis? I know about Autohypnosis, but heroforge has a skill called hypnosis. If so, what source?

Nope. So far as I'm aware, there's no such skill. Maybe it's from a third-party splat?

EDIT: Found it. It's from the Ravenloft setting from Arthaus/Whitewolf.

I did a search and didn't see anything so apologize if this has been asked.

D&D 3.5
Can the steal spell ability of the Spellthief be used with ranged attacks?

Yes, provided the ranged attack qualifies for sneak attack damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMann View Post
Yes, provided the ranged attack qualifies for sneak attack damage.
Thank you

K, here's a question from me:

In 3.5, when you attempt a disarm, you make an modified attack roll to disarm while provoking an attack of opportunity from the defender. If you have Improved Disarm, no attack of opportunity is provoked. If you attempt to snatch an item from a defender, you make a modified attack roll for an unarmed attack. Does doing this provoke an attack of opportunity because you are considered unarmed?

I would think so. Of course, that would imply that Improved Unarmed Attack would avoid the AoO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatus View Post
In 3.5, when you attempt a disarm, you make an modified attack roll to disarm while provoking an attack of opportunity from the defender. If you have Improved Disarm, no attack of opportunity is provoked. If you attempt to snatch an item from a defender, you make a modified attack roll for an unarmed attack. Does doing this provoke an attack of opportunity because you are considered unarmed?
What leons said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
You can use a disarm action to snatch an item worn by the target. If you want to have the item in your hand, the disarm must be made as an unarmed attack. (...) This otherwise functions identically to a disarm attempt, as noted above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Unarmed Attacks
(...) Attacking unarmed provokes an attack of opportunity from the character you attack, provided she is armed. (...)
An unarmed character can’t take attacks of opportunity (but see "Armed" Unarmed Attacks, below).

"Armed" Unarmed Attacks

Sometimes a character’s or creature’s unarmed attack counts as an armed attack. A monk, a character with the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, a spellcaster delivering a touch attack spell, and a creature with natural physical weapons all count as being armed.

Note that being armed counts for both offense and defense (the character can make attacks of opportunity)