Your 3 Favorite Villains... with a catch! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Your 3 Favorite Villains... with a catch!

Your 3 Favorite Villains... with a catch!

So, I want you to name your top 3 villains from any souce - book, movie, life, whatever... but, there's a catch. Each one has to portray one of the 3 evil alignments as per standard D&D ethos.

Tywin Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire) Lawful Evil
Wormtongue (LOTR) Neutral Evil
Baron Samedi (Live and Let Die) Chaotic Evil

Lawful Evil
It's funny because I like lawful evil the best, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I think of Doctor Doom, of Death Note's Kira, because they do what a lawful evil character should do and they do it well... but not 100%.

I'm wracking my brains to think of a villain that's lawful evil and yet doesn't fall to the same old cliches or megalomania. On the tip of my tongue... or brain/fingers. Let me think on it.

[edit]I'm reluctantly settling on Azula from the Avatar series. She's capable, competent, she plans ahead and executes her plans with efficiency. She has a badass power (Firebending - manipulation and creation of flames so hot they're blue, same for lightning) but even when stripped of that ability, she still manages to beat the heroes 1 vs. 4.
Neutral Evil
Miss Misery - From the Sleeper Miniseries, Wildstorm.

Gretchen McDonald was a very normal girl; an excellent student and kind to all others. When she got older, Gretchen fell ill and doctors could find no cause for her illness. When she heard a male nurse tell another that her illness was all just in her head, she became furious and kicked him. She was surprised to feel better afterwards and began to seek therapy, but therapy didn't help either. Finally, an odd idea came to her: she had felt better when she had hurt another. To test this theory she stole a bottle of whiskey from a local shop and did feel better. In a short time she let all her morals go and indulged in every sin she could think off, becoming stronger and healthier with each one. She took the name "Miss Misery".

Miss Misery's health, beauty and strength were linked to her behaviour. Whenever she engaged in criminal and amoral behaviour, she would grow stronger, healthier and more beautiful, becoming a near perfect human specimen. In return when she acted unselfish and kind, she would become weaker, sick and nauseated. Thus Miss Misery abused alcohol, drugs and tobacco, had sex with strangers and assaulted and killed innocents to become as strong and healthy as possible. She was skilled in the use of firearms and often used them in missions. When she engaged in hand-to-hand combat, she was ruthless and very brutal.

Hilarious character, interesting because she's so unique, and because her way of being is just so different.
Chaotic Evil
The Joker.

The point where I really began to like his character was when I read 'The Killing Joke'. It sort of takes a character that's always been sort of random and hard to understand, and gives him an identity.

(not quoted ad verbatim) "All it takes to drive the sanest man alive to the point of insanity is one bad day. That's the difference between you and I, just one bad day."

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisms View Post
Tywin Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire) Lawful Evil
I'll take his 'little' son over Tywin any day.

I'm not sure Tyrion is evil though. Maybe sometimes he seems neutral evil, but he obviously has a compassionate streak too.

I'd go as far as to say he isn't evil at all. Sure, he's very sarcastic and lecherous, but he's faithful to whomever he's with,

Heck, it's reasonable to say that Tyrion is one of the few truly good characters in that series.