Let's Play Guild Wars 2!! - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

I was reading the comments on Gamestop, and somebody was saying to be wary of the online pre-orders, because the 3 day headstart ONLY comes with the digital version of the game when you order online, even though no part of the web page actually says that.

If that's the case, I'm going to be giving Gamestop an ear-full. I never would have pre-ordered from them if I'd known that last month.

yeah, i'm calling them. got a response back saying to wait 2 business days for my code. the headstart will be over by then!

After some disappointment with computer-generated responses from Gamestop, and a code given over the phone that was already in use when I entered it into Anet's registration website, I finally went all "disgruntled customer" and sent the following message back to Gamestop:

MessageThat's unacceptable. In 2 business days, the headstart program will be over, and the code will be useless.

I called the phone number listed, and was given a code to use to access the headstart. However, the code I was given was already registered, and so is useless.

I made the pre-order through Gamestop based on the information given on the website. That information stated I would receive my 3-day headstart code on the 22nd. If I don't receive that code some time this weekend, I would like compensation for false advertising.

3 hours later, I have a shiny new headstart code in my inbox, and it actually works Thank god for contrariness lol.

Hmm... I think I'm going to wait a bit before popping in. Nearly every american server is full right now, and I don't really feel like rushing it and putting myself on a different server than I originally intended just to get into the game faster.

I'm finding ore all over the bleeding place :o Though I'm going the huntsman route, for... I'll bet this will all blow you off your feet... gunsmithing

I recently maxed out both copper and green wood log space in the crafting tab of the bank, I didn't even know it was possible, although it ended up been free half a level worth of crafting, it's the extras that I have trouble finding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Hmm... I think I'm going to wait a bit before popping in. Nearly every american server is full right now, and I don't really feel like rushing it and putting myself on a different server than I originally intended just to get into the game faster.
Keep in mind it's free server transfers for something like the first week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderhorn View Post
I'm finding ore all over the bleeding place :o Though I'm going the huntsman route, for... I'll bet this will all blow you off your feet... gunsmithing
Same thing I'm doing. I'm playing an Asura Engineer with Huntsman and Chef crafting.

My Charr Necromancer has Artificer crafting. Not sure what else he'll pick up.

That said, piles of Glittering Dust are really handy for Artificiers. You can make an item with nothing but those and it's a useful consumable (5% of either Vitality or Toughness is converted to condition damage and +10xp from kills)