Triad: Races of the worlds. - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Triad: Races of the worlds.

Wow just had a few brainstorm ideas here goes.

There is a concept that Orcs were once Elves, but were altered (usually twisted by magical means or descended into depravity).

In the same vein, I do think it would be interesting to have the "same" races in all the worlds. Have Eladrin in the Industrial Plane, Elves in the Natural Plane and Drow in the Shadow plane. But not all races come in three parts like that, or can be grouped into similar relationships.

If we were to have all the races descended from a handful, what would the original races be?

We could work all races into the 3 sided relationship and decide the original ones are those from the Natural plane.
They upgraded into Arnegus, and downgraded into the Shadow plane.

See I don't know about that because the Shadow plane we discussed is different from the shadow plane presented in D&D. It's an Arcane filled but devastated world. As well there can be many sources of evolution, limiting it to just the 3 planes seems a bit lacking. We could even have a chart showing the evolution paths over time and situations. Also for the
I know this doesn't really belong in this thread but..
Industrial plane I feel Psionics should have a strong base there. I am going to put below some possible evolution paths/sources ideas;

Plane living on
Cultural/ envirnomental
Any power source outside of Martial
Maybe even technology if we allow it.

Of course that's only if people like the idea.

Why not then have it be from just one race. Though there is a temptation to go with three...
Then if that race is not on the world then it can be an extinct race as a result of the selection process. I can easily work this into a portion of the original concept I posted about the natural world.

Originally everyone was humans, then through association with nature, and the primal spirits that comprise the world, as well as some unnatural associations with animals, humans started becoming more animal-like gaining aspects of animals or simply being crossbreeds. Thus you end up with creatures like the Dragonborn or Shifters.

Sounds very interesting idea. I feel we could make it richer with more then one base race but not every number need to correspond with the planes. Hope to post some more here tonight. Only have a moment right now.

so didn't get that post I wanted to up. Will try to get to it again tonight or by the weekend. Also need to make the other 2 planes threads.