Is it possible to recover lost posts? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Is it possible to recover lost posts?

Is it possible to recover lost posts?

I recently, and foolishly, lost a post that took me hours over several days to make. Is it possible to have it be recovered?

We need more context as to how it was lost. Was it posted and the post has been deleted? If so, a link to the thread would be helpful. If it never was posted, there isn't anything we can do to help.

Rats. It took me several days to make (It was a backstory), and I foolishly hit post instead of putting it on the clipboard so I could paste it to a fresh post. It never got posted, but thank you anyway. It was in this thread here though. http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=188527

I suspect this may be too hard to implement, but would it be possible to send back the text of posts that are rejected (due to token expiry) in the error message? Possibly with a "noparse" around them?

Umm... you don't have a token, Rigo might have a different answer but I think it not possible. Save, or at least copy, the post before submitting. My internet has a tendency to drop so it's a habit I formed a while ago.

I think our reason for not saving post drafts had to do with weirdness with the editor code. Allowing the contents to be copied after a failed posting attempt isn't a ton better, but I'll have a look-see.

Should be implemented. I tested it with an invalid token. I don't really have enough knowledge on-hand of how it's deciding a token is old as opposed to invalid, so I haven't tested with a token timeout yet, but it should work.

A friend turned me on to Lazarus Form Recovery and it changed my life. It is a free download add-on to your web browser for just this purpose. A quick google search shows that its available for Firefox and Chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndl View Post
A friend turned me on to Lazarus Form Recovery and it changed my life. It is a free download add-on to your web browser for just this purpose. A quick google search shows that its available for Firefox and Chrome.
Lazarus is one of several add-ons to this function. Some more are linked in the MW Wiki (General Information -> Firefox / Chrome tips for Myth Weavers).