Neverwinter Online Update 4. - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Neverwinter Online Update 4.

Neverwinter Online Update 4.

So, thoughts on this one? Any good builds anyone's found? (Couldn't find a thread for the game so I figured I'd start.)

Thoughts, Pay to Win... Quit after less than 3 months. Also, it is just Neverwinter, not Neverwinter Online, not Neverwinter Nights Online, just Neverwinter.

The "Online" went with the "Update". Imagine a hyphen in there - "Neverwinter - Online Update 4", not "Neverwinter Online - Update 4". Or "Online" could just be an adjective. "Neverwinter Online" is just Neverwinter, so long as it's played online (which it always is).

I doubt that was how it was meant. Regardless, the developers wanted it to be clear what their game is called and how it relates to other titles.

Developer post is #5 on the page

LET'S GET REALLY ANGRY ABOUT THE NAME INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT THE UPDATE.

I'd comment further, but I don't play. Is it any good?

Pretty much the instant I started playing I quit. Once I saw my first mission or so was about an undead invasion.

Designers of D&D games...THERE ARE OTHER CREATURES IN FAERUN THAN UNDEAD.

What I would give for a D&D game that was about fighting the Hulks of Zoretha, or something other than Zombies, that renders basically every rogue I play useless.

It's one of the reasons I loved Drow of the Underdark, Drow and Devils, two of my favorite types of D&D creatures to fight. There were a few undead, but they weren't spammed like crazy. My assassin was actually useful!

I'm enjoying it when I get limited time to play.

Cyber_goddess: That's, like one leg of the training area. Other legs your fighting humanoid opponents. You also fight Orcs, Lycans, Devils, Drow, Abberitions, Giants, and the new campaign opens up Dragons to a very large degree. There's a lot to fight other then Undead. Though I grant you after the training area you still see them here and there and there is one leg focused on them, but there's a leg focused on lots of things.

So yeah, Update. Any thoughts on that Update? Any interesting Builds? I've gotta Respect a Guardian Fighter if anyone has any tidbits to offer there.

Who is angry? You seem to be the doing the yelling here. I just figure that if people are going to talk about something, they should at least have the name right. You know, to at least sound a little informed.

As to the quality of the product. I did address that as well, another pay to win, free to play mash up wrapped up in shiny bow that will attract the right audience (which of course is Dungeons and Dragons players, as well as fans of the Neverwinter Nights games). It handles it better than some, but the pay wall is obvious. I quit in less than 3 months, though occasionally log in just to do a random quest because it is free. However, as long as they have insanely low success chance on high level enchant items, it is pay to win. And giving one automatic success away free per week does not change that it is pay to win. Rift is by far a better game. If the Free to Play model was better, The Old Republic would be as well. I am willing to bet Tera is as well (I play MMO's with my girlfriend, and the barely dressed female characters are not her thing). Those of course would be 3 of the MMO's that made over a 100 million annually and are free to play.

Source

Yes, congratulations, I screwed the hell up on the name of the game in a semantic detail. Point made.

So, no one has done anything with Update 4 then?

sultan

That's, like one leg of the training area. Other legs your fighting humanoid opponents. You also fight Orcs, Lycans, Devils, Drow, Abberitions, Giants, and the new campaign opens up Dragons to a very large degree. There's a lot to fight other then Undead. Though I grant you after the training area you still see them here and there and there is one leg focused on them, but there's a leg focused on lots of things.