WoW - Recruit a Friend - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

WoW - Recruit a Friend

Since I never played WoW, I couldn't compare the two. I certainly had a lot of fun playing DAoC. In the earliest days of WoW a lot of people left DAoC to play WoW, only to return to DAoC after about a week or two. DAoC had a load of features that WoW didn't implement for quite a while after it's initial release.

I did get a bit annoyed with the general MMORPG fault of power creep. I hated having to buy more expansion packs just for the magic items, though the graphics updates were always nice too.

Interesting. Yeah, I remember it was back when I started on WoW, when it was released, that people came over form DAoC. Everquest too. I guess some guild wars, which I tried getting into but never liked.

I've just always been a big fan of Blizzard. Can't wait for Diablo 3 xD

I did WOW for a long time. Got to level 60 then stopped playing. I got to the point where doing PVP and battlegrounds I could not progress anymore. I would do nothing excet enter bg's and still other who had more time to invest would gain more honor. That told me with a family, softball and baseball tournaments including travel, it was time to get out. Right now I am doing D&D online. Its really good. A bit harder to get used to than WOW, but enjoyable. Maybe I will post a thread on here seeing who else plays it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterpound View Post
I heard DAoC wasn't very good. C/D?
DAOC was good, Wow nicked from it but still falls short in some respects (though with WotLK it catches back up).

It got messed up though, not sure if it really recovered but the classic servers are still around afaik.