Character portrating again - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Character portrating again

Character portrating again

Yeah I'm feeling like doing character portraits again. All the old mission i had not finished will not be done, I am sorry. I am starting anew!

Post character description, story and if possible the character sheet.
Since I do this for free the quality is not to good and will be inked or just pencils. that depends on what I feel like.
I will try to finish one picture a week

Questions?

Sounds too good to be true!

How about something for "Dapper Dan" Deegan?

Deegan is a Spirit of the Century character I like to keep up my sleeve, as he's terribly fun to play both as a PC or an NPC, depending on which side of the GM's screen I'm on.

Conceptually, he's a Two-Fisted Gentleman Orientalist, from a strictly middle-class background but with upper-crust pretensions. Just about your average petit bourgeois in that sense, really. He's a stickler for values, proud of his moral fibre, well-educated, well-travelled, extremely charming (if somewhat louche and rakish), and also good with his fists in a scrap. He was born 'in the East' (since SotC has a charmingly late 19th century view of the world, where everything further than Cairo was a kind of homogenous oriental blob. Probably Hong Kong, if that counts) and has since travelled extensively, although he still regards himself as 'spiritually an Englishman'. While not terribly well-educated (he's technically "on hiatus" in the middle of a Classics degree at Cambridge University, which he is in no hurry to resume) he has accumulated an impressive trove of trivia, languages, stories, and mythologies from across the world.

Although Deegan is actually rather short-sighted, he only wears spectacles when he has to read something or otherwise strain his eyes - his glasses are unfashionably reminiscent of Clark Kent's. On formal occasions he might get away with wearing a monocle. When "in the rough" on his travels, he often wears unremarkable browns and greys, the only concession to ostentation a shearling bomber jacket. He makes a habit of carrying essentials around in a leather satchel, containing (at the very least) a pen, some ink, a notebook, an electric torch, a penknife, and some first-aid materials. At other times, he can be seen in a well-cut suit, perhaps accentuated with a long coat. His nickname, "Dapper Dan", comes not from any exceptional dandyfied tendencies, but is rather a reference to his insistence on 'keeping up appearances' while roughing it: unless he is in extremely extenuating, life-threatening conditions, he performs a gentleman's toilette religiously. He keeps a thin moustache but no beard. Dan smokes a pipe, his favourite one being an amber-stemmed meerschaum affair, with the bowl intricately carved to resemble the head of an oriental dragon - a present from some admirer in foreign parts.

I would love a character portrait. Solara Rydurin is a healer, cleric or herbalist depending on mood when I play her so there's some freedom you can take with that. She is also blind. Carries a carved wooden staff, wears simple robes with a leather pouch at her waist or slung over a shoulder. She is small, lithe, demure, pensive but always genial. Her hair is white, silvery gray or streaked with gray and she's about middle age. Plain, but attractive features.

I don't know if this will help you any, but here's a writing piece from her perspective.

And a picture I've used in the past for basic idea:

Heh. Awesome.

No worries. Take your time.