3.5 or Pathfinder LA 0 Reptilian races? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

3.5 or Pathfinder LA 0 Reptilian races?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
Muckdwellers are amphibians, not reptiles (and are type monstrous humanoid)
Does it matter? Skarn and Rilkan are being passed off as 'reptilian'...which essentially amounts to good looking human with some colorful scaling.

Sorry about that, I pulled them off the list there without checking the serpent kingdoms entry. The entry I had seen for them before (which is why I thought of them) in the tome of horrors listed them as reptiles and made them look a little more attractive. That and, you could take certain details about race and just call it a flavor. Subject to DM approval you could just take any race, change the name, call it reptilian, and use the normal stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Does it matter? Skarn and Rilkan are being passed off as 'reptilian'...which essentially amounts to good looking human with some colorful scaling.
Depends on if it's just for appearances, or it requires "Reptilian" subrace for RAW purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Heh...Nsok is just looking for a 'reptillian' race for his beatstick character.
What now? Whats wrong with playing a lizardfolk barbarian? :P

I just like the flavor of reptilian races, particularly the bigger stronger ones. Barbarian is straightforward but still good, as is the opportunity to be an int 8 eccentric. Leads to some fun RP opportunities!

Nothing wrong with them, Nsok! Nothing says savage like a Sleestak riding a tyrannosaurus! I was just pointing out that just being 'ampibian' doesn't necessarily knock a race out of contention if we are letting in things like Skarn.