Is this a cheat or a bug? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Is this a cheat or a bug?

Is this a cheat or a bug?

I am running a combat in my forum and subscribe to the thread so that I know when my players have done something. A little while ago I got an e-mail stating that a player has posted, and it also included the text of the message, including the dice roll and the result.

When I checked the post, the result of the dice roll was different from what I saw in the e-mail. The post was edited in with the same time stamp as the e-mail, but the player claims he added a statement after posting the original content (which makes sense, since it was an exclamation of success). There was not notice stating that the roll had been changed.

To test it I had him made another post with a new dice roll and not edit anything. The e-mail I got with a die roll matched the die roll in his post. Seemed like a clear case of getting around the cheat alert somehow.

However, the next post from a different player with a dice roll showed two different numbers; as before, he had added a comment to his post after the roll, but no indication of cheating.

QUESTION: Is the dice result that gets sent to me going to show the same result as in the actual post? If so, the match check I made was a completely lucky shot? Sometimes they seem to match and sometimes they don't.

This is a problem with the email notifications, not the dice or any form of cheating. (i.e. your email notification has the wrong dice roll in it) The problem should be fixed, but the code is a bit arcane and I may have missed a spot, so to speak. Please let me know if the problem happens again.

Hmm, arcane code and he was trying to cast a spell. Coincidence? I think not.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if it occurs again.