First time playing a(near) Epic Character, build advice? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

First time playing a(near) Epic Character, build advice?

True, there would be an EXP penalty. I forgot that dwarves have fighter as a favored class.

That being said, I'm sure you don't need the ranger levels. Take Cloistered Cleric over regular cleric on the cleric side, and swap out Knowledge Domain for Knowledge Devotion, and grab Know(Dungeon) as your specific skill from it(Its at least a useful one, as it gives abberations).

As to why less Hammer of Moradin, its because unless you intend to be throwing hammers(in which case bloodstorm blade is probably useful) it really doesn't offer a lot. The only other useful ability it gets is at 8th level. Taking a martial adept class will be more useful, as will Deepwarden.

Probably modify the build to look like this:

Cleric X/Full Casting PrC Y || Warblade 5/Deepwarden 5/Fighter 2/Hammer of Moradin 3/Warblade +3

Deepwarden is a wonderful class - Full BAB, d12 hit die, 6+int skills, and plenty of goodies. Superior to hammer of moradin, unless you intend to throw a lot.

On the cleric side, you can take a prestige class any level you also concurrently take a Warblade or fighter level. I'd probably go 5 levels in Divine Disciple - its a handy 5 level prestige class, fits flavorwise with Hammer of Moradin and Deepwarden.

Edit: You could probably drop the fighter levels depending on the domains you pick - for example, War Domain with Moradin as a deity will net you Weapon Focus(Hammer) for Hammer of Moradin. But its still 2 feats, which is why I threw it in there.

Err...my gm doesnt have the Forgotten Realms setting, so I cant be a Hammer of Moradin

But i see what you guys are saying, def opening my eyes a bit haha

Hammer of Moradin, while useful, only really nets you powerful blow - and while it is a powerful ability, its not the end all be all. Shame he won't allow it, even though it was previewed online.

The Deepwarden is from Races of Stone, and is a wonderful class. Nets lots of defensive abilities.

No FRCS also throws out Divine Disciple(Shame, its a very handy class) because its in PgTF like the Hammer of Moradin.

Also, can you give a more accurate listing of the books available?

As far as I know

The Complete Series

The Races Series

The enviroment series(Forstburn, etc)

Arms and Equipment

Magic Item Compendium

and others as well

I assume its safe to go with no Eberron material, and no Forgotten Realms material?

Cleric 13/Ordained Champion 5 || Warblade 5/Deepwarden 5/Battlesmith 1/Warblade + 2/Cleric +1/Warblade +2/Cleric +1/Warblade +1.

Essentially, your build looks like: Cleric 13/Ordained Champion 5|| Warblade 10/Deepwarden 5/Battlesmith 1/Cleric 2

What this does is in the levels that Ordained Champion does not increase your caster level, you also take Cleric to make sure your caster level remains maxed out. Battlesmith is ONLY if you can craft your own weapon - if you can, it nets you wisdom to rolls, which is great because its also your casting stat. You also net 7th level manuevers, and you get a 7th level or lower stance to use.

Just one thing. There is no Greater Magic Vestment. Normal Magic Vestment is the Greater Magic Weapon of armors and (floating) shields.