Pathfinder vs D&D 3.5 - Page 24 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Pathfinder vs D&D 3.5

Just something mentioned a few pages earlier...using the core as an excuse against optimization/powerlevel in 3.5 is a bad argument, every broken spells and class features are from core. The supplements just added icing on the cake. Wild Shape, check, Natural Spell check, Altering reality as a wizard check, summon and planar binding, gates, etc...you get my point. The system had issues before all the supplements came around.

What does "grognard" meam, btw?

Alouette, yes, core-only environment hurts melee/mundane much more that casters actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
So the locus of your argument is not that what you are doing is not bad, but that others are doing it as well?
Nope, I think I made my point just fine. I was just replying to a personal criticism. If someone wants to complain about my tone, that's fine. Just don't be a hypocrite about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirddinEmris View Post
What does "grognard" meam, btw?
I stlil have no idea, but he apparently sees it as some grave insult to people who don't feel the need to break the game at every turn.

Grognard is French. It roughly means, "Old soldier." It is used to be used as slang for war gamers, but recently it has become slang for old-school gamers in general (2e and prior editions of DnD, specifically).

Well, you said it as an insult, so no wonder that he perceived it as such, no matter what it actually means

Thanks for clarification, Raistlinmc