Questions about Shadowrun - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Questions about Shadowrun

Questions about Shadowrun

Hello all! I will probably be starting a shadowrun campaign in real life soon. I'm pretty good with the rules, but had a few questions I hoped you could answer.

What is a good amount of cash to award the players each run? What is a good opposition for a starting team? The elemental combat spells (fireball, acid stream etc.) cause more drain, but don't ignore armor like the manabolt and powerbolt spells. What's the advantage of them? Shadowrun uses metric, but most battle grids assume 5 foot squares. Plus, I'm not good with the metric system. How do I deal with that? What are some good sourcebooks to get? And, of course, any miscellaneous advice for an inexperienced shadowrun GM?

It seems I had more questions, but that's all I can think of for now. I would appreciate any help you could give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonDante View Post
Shadowrun uses metric, but most battle grids assume 5 foot squares. Plus, I'm not good with the metric system. How do I deal with that?
Five feet is a little larger than 1.5 meters (itself a little over 4.9 feet,) and since five feet is an inexact estimate of how much space someone uses in combat, it doesn't really matter of you shrink the squares down a fraction so that you can easily make use of the metric system.

If you need more help, check out this place.