MP3 Player for College - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

MP3 Player for College

I really would say an iPod is the way to go. I mean, Creative stuff is nice and all, but it's really worth paying that little bit extra for the portable hard drive factor. Plus, I've yet to meet a single person experiencing trouble with an iPod, which makes me wonder where all the accusations came from in the first place...

Everything is possible, some things are just not very likely? So maybe few of the many iPod units sold were not performing well...it's able to happen

Portable harddrive factor? Zen much? Same thing in creative...

I see people with problems with Ipods all the time. They die so often, and the battery is VERY tedious. Sending it in, and getting a new one is a large process. Plus, the shipping and handling fees are extreme.

Pity Zens are the most unattractive looking pieces of crud in the universe. At least more recently they've decided that they'll never be as sleek or as sexy as the iPod, so have gone out of their way to copy the shape and design. My friend had one once, and quite frankly, he hated it. But you can't really go from personal anecdotes alone.
Ah, stuff it. Just look at the things. Ick.

I think they look rather nice. The light in the background, and around the edges really gives them a nice flair. Especially the black one with the blue light.

I have to give you that, not everything in the world can be solved by having a lowercase i on it. The battery life problems are indeed real. If you think that 9 hours is good, then you're a pessimist. My 3 year old mp3 cd(oh gawd, he's so behind!) runs a good 15-20 hours. The better flash players run a hefty 26 hour time. Not to mention the newer mp3 cd players that have a 50+ hour runtime.

The battery problem is really more pertinent to the older ipod generations (up till the fourth). They really do die out, providing only about 2-3 hours of play after 1 or 2 years.

Still, it's a great device, and if your can shell out a little more for it, then do it. It looks nice and it works nicely, too.

The nine hours is fine for me mainly ebcause I'll only be listening to it when I'm walking to different buildings for my classes or to and from the dorms...so it's not like I need it for listening to it constantly.