Webcomic Development - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Webcomic Development

Webcomic Development

This has been going on for a good while on my blog, but I figured I'd port it over here and see about drumming up more excitement. I'm working on a new webcomic called Djinnborn that I plan to launch early next year. Many of you probably remember Metamorphosis and that I shut it down. My reasons for doing so were mainly a result of real life combined with a sense of dissatisfaction. I had to start a job hunt in earnest and I wasn't content using intellectual property that wasn't my own. Since that time, I've been working hard on a new webcomic that is my own idea.

So, enter Djinnborn, a fantasy/magitech webcomic. The main story will follow the life of one man, Osoron, as he learns how to rule an entire nation. The comic will have politics, adventure, skyships, and a unique world I plan to explore as the pages unfold. Eventually, I'll even be able to print this comic without needing to worry if I'll get sent a cease and desist or something sily like that :P

To that end, I'll start off with an introduction to Osoron, the main character.

Here's his 25 Expressions Chart.

Tomorrow, I'll be posting a visual description sheet of him. Basically a chance for me to get a good look at him and create a reference I can look back to when I need to remember how to draw him.

Here's the next post for the week.

Visual character reference sheet

This was an exercise to see what he looks like, to give myself a reference I could look at when I needed to see details of his appearance. I haven't colored it yet (that's coming) but I got his overall design to a place that I rather like. It's getting easier and easier to draw him consistently, and I imagine it'll get easier still in weeks to come.

The next post will be a few figure references and action shots so I can get a feel for how he moves.

Thanks! Glad to hear it!

I have a couple more posts to show off.

http://frostykzink.com/?p=925 -- Some scenes of Osoron's poses, a little bit of action, developed to get a feel for the character's body flow.

http://frostykzink.com/?p=933 -- A few pictures of his living areas, both on the ship and in the palace.

Haven't dropped by here in a while. How's that comic going Kaitou?

Heck, i'll have a squizz at the cutters on your site. Thought i'd rattle my bone-box here first though for the sake of refreshing the thread.

Hey, cutter. Metamorphosis has gone defunct. Working on something else now. I should post more here, but I got lazy and distracted. I suppose I'll get these posts picked up again.

Whoops, sorry, I missed this reply! Yep, the development posts have gone public!

Speaking of, I have a new one right now: Male Aremite Clothing Design. Take a look!

Djinnborn eh....

Wait and see i suppose. I like that it's non-standard; planescape was always a very alternate flavour of D&D. Your Djinnborn stuff looks to be somehow related?

I'm drawing a fair amount of inspiration from Planescape, especially the Inner Planes and the genasi concept. A couple of the characters are based off of PCs from a Planescape campaign I was in. The world itself was inspired by the Plane of Air, though I think I've changed enough that it's pretty unrecognizable.

I don't know how much of the whole "belief is power" thing I'll have. I was never very good at portraying it anyway and Djinnborn is geared more toward high action/adventure and political struggles. But we'll see what happens as I write the story.