Site slow? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Site slow?

hahaha ok.
Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help out.

By the way, I'm back to insanely fast page loads now.

I've been having a similar issue... but my main problem is that I keep on making double-posts whenever I hit "quick reply." It appears that if I first "go advanced," then post, it will post normally. (Hitting quick reply to see if this is happening outside my game forum...)

EDIT: doesn't seem to be. Just in my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banhammerererererererer
Not just in your game...not just on this board. It's a vbulletin thing.
Ah. Didn't realize. Why is it so finicky? E.G. it hasn't been doing this to me until just recently, and it isn't affecting my players. Should I expect this problem of mine to whisk away without warning? Is there anything I can do to speed its departure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
Well whatever you guys did the site seems to be running better today.
We did precisely nothing. It's a network thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildly_competent View Post
Ah. Didn't realize. Why is it so finicky? E.G. it hasn't been doing this to me until just recently, and it isn't affecting my players. Should I expect this problem of mine to whisk away without warning? Is there anything I can do to speed its departure?
I have no idea. It seems to happen to some people alot more than others. I have seen folks on other forums where every post is a double post.

It never happens to me. Maybe its because I have a 100mb connection to my door...hmm, do I upgrade to 1 Gb. CHoices choices.

Anyway, as I say, it's a network/amazon/vbulletin/nothing I can do.