Borderlands - Now with more WUB WUB - Page 6 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Borderlands - Now with more WUB WUB

Yeah that's basically all my wife uses now, she snipes a little bit, but mostly action skill, slice slice, smg to the face.

I just reformatted my PC and forgot to keep my save, so query;
Sniper Axton, utilizing the turret as decoy and fire support
or
Assault Zer0, specializing in Cunning because twin-fanged shotguns
or
Siren. Never tried siren before. What does she actually do?

.... Wow. Though I can understand why it works, you are so messing up the things they're meant for.

In my opinion Lilith is a better siren than Maya. Though the skill trees are fairly good (One ending in mind control), the main skill is, compared to invisibility which triples damage, dual weapons, and a turret, levitating a single guy is a bit less. Especially considering bosses can't be phaselocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
.... Wow. Though I can understand why it works, you are so messing up the things they're meant for.

In my opinion Lilith is a better siren than Maya. Though the skill trees are fairly good (One ending in mind control), the main skill is, compared to invisibility which triples damage, dual weapons, and a turret, levitating a single guy is a bit less. Especially considering bosses can't be phaselocked.
Shotgun/Melee Mordecai with Riotous Remedy and Trespass is a very good shock trooper in the first game. If you want to snipe, just grab yourself a Hyperion Crimson Death Assault Shotgun. Nothing is "meant" on a game with customization.

Harmony seems pretty meh and the mind control sounds awesome except you have to grind first to see any results. Is Cataclysm FUN? Does Blight Phoenix function like Phoenix or does it explode on the target's area this time around? Phoenix was useless unless you're playing Lilith as a Firefly with a Maliwan Hellfire.

Release date and a little video blog from Gaige, the Mechromancer herself.

Video Log from Gaige, the Mechromancer

Also, last night I got Corporate Bane weapon, the one that screams like a fool. The only bummer is, it made my character walk/run reeeeally slow, because of that I sold it real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusrex View Post
Yeah in the first game the commando became pretty "invincible" after you reached the cap. Your turret could heal you, resupply you, and with the right class mod you would never have to worry about ammo. They took alot of those perks away from the commando this time around.
Friend how did you find that right class mod I'm seriously suffering from some ammo issues.This version is sure a lot better than the previous one.

I'm really enjoying the game. Playing as Zero is fun single player with all the sniping I do. they did good, adding in the new stuff like Slag, and reloading guns that act like grenades. And it's kind of nice having a bit more fleshed out story and characterization. It's by no means perfect. But it adds a little something

Indeed.

The grenade guns are awesome, especially with shotguns. Aim directly at the enemy, and it explodes on hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsonn View Post
Friend how did you find that right class mod I'm seriously suffering from some ammo issues.This version is sure a lot better than the previous one.

Well, I have to admit, in this game ammo was a little more precious for the commando. In Borderlands 1 the commando's turret would resupply ammo and health, however, they took that away from the turret in BL2. I have yet to find a class mod that helps with ammo regeneration.

Anybody else had any luck with this endeavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
Indeed.

The grenade guns are awesome, especially with shotguns. Aim directly at the enemy, and it explodes on hit.
Last night was the first night a I got a "purple" rarity rocket launcher, and when you reload it turns into a rocket itself and shoots at the enemy. I thought that was pretty awesome.