Not even sure what to call it? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Not even sure what to call it?

Not even sure what to call it?

Character sheet management problem, maybe?

Anyway, when I go to my "Character Sheets" screen, I can see all of my sheets, as well as sheets of characters who've applied to my games. I have the option to save them in different "orders" (you know much more about this than I do, I guarantee).

This has been great, because I can look at everyone's character sheet from the drop-down menu next to my own avatar. But I've recently accepted some new players to my game, and not all of them have all the appropriate boxes next to their sheets, specifically the one that lets me save them in a certain order. Am I doin' somethin' wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Huh.jpg (17.4 KB, 0 views)

We changed the underlying implementation of how sheets from games are recognised, but we left in compatibility with how they used to be recognised.

The end result is exactly as you describe. Previously accepted sheets have the options, currently accepted sheets do not. The new system is much cleaner and faster than the old one, and the only thing that is lost is the ability to include other people's sheets in your own drop down. Since the sheets are easily available from the gmscreen and the character sheet page, we considered this was not too much of a draw back.

Strangely enough, the three that don't work, aren't the three new ones. One of the new ones works the old way, and one of the old ones (that USED to work) no longer does.

If a player specifically adds permissions for a DM (or indeed for anyone) then the sheet is available with the options for adding to your drop down.

If the sheet is submitted to a game via application or through the sheet system, then it is not.

If both situations exist, the options are available.

If sheets having been added/deleted numerous times via numerous methods, then one of the above will be true.

if you give me the gameid and the sheet ids, I can look into the specifics.

Plugsy filled me in, and I think we got it all sorted out, with the permissions and all. We can handle it in-house, between the players. No need for y'all to worry about it, I know y'all are busy.

Thanks, though!