Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

D6 Football

D6 Football

I've created my first published game and want to get maximum exposure so I'm telling everyone about it.

It's D6 Football, it uses the Legends D6 system. And is a tabletop simulation game of American Football.

And it's available on DriveThurRPG at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/201363/D6-Football

Thanks!

Hi there, I grabbed it and looking at it quickly since I considered making a far more involved PF system version of this last week. Perhaps I am missing something, but you perhaps used "offense" twice instead of "defense" for one of those in the bottom of Page 6?

I don't have the time to test it right now, but it would be an intriguing quick and dirty game for 2 people to play together by the looks of it. Pen, paper, and a bag of d6's and a watch, good to go. Able to be thrown into any game as a mini-game really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magrus View Post
Hi there, I grabbed it and looking at it quickly since I considered making a far more involved PF system version of this last week. Perhaps I am missing something, but you perhaps used "offense" twice instead of "defense" for one of those in the bottom of Page 6?

I don't have the time to test it right now, but it would be an intriguing quick and dirty game for 2 people to play together by the looks of it. Pen, paper, and a bag of d6's and a watch, good to go. Able to be thrown into any game as a mini-game really.

Thank's I'll take a look and see and if so I'll have a corrected version out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
Not to discourage but just to enlighten. There seems to be a comparable (in theme at least) published game already.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/95105/1st-goal

Thanks. I knew about that one and several others. None of them seemed to be what I wanted. So I wrote my own.

Quote:

Yep. I was playing a game with my wife over Christmas before I released it to the wild. We are still at Half-Time. Which is fine with me because she is winning right now.

Yeah, it's not incredibly simplistic enough to become boring super fast. You'll need a couple games to get the hang of it down pat and try out some variations of team building options. There's replay value there with how you allocate your dice, which I like. That said, it's simple enough you could use it with children, and for $2 that's a steal to entertain kids with. For $20 a teacher could get a box of paper, pencils, dice and the rules printed out to keep a whole class busy for study hall for months. Thinking back to those days in study hall in middle school when folks had nothing to do, a box full of sets of dice and packets of rules with this game would be great for situations like that.

Quote:
Yeah, it's not incredibly simplistic enough to become boring super fast. You'll need a couple games to get the hang of it down pat and try out some variations of team building options. There's replay value there with how you allocate your dice, which I like. That said, it's simple enough you could use it with children, and for $2 that's a steal to entertain kids with. For $20 a teacher could get a box of paper, pencils, dice and the rules printed out to keep a whole class busy for study hall for months. Thinking back to those days in study hall in middle school when folks had nothing to do, a box full of sets of dice and packets of rules with this game would be great for situations like that.
Thanks.

If you don't mind could you re-post that at DriveThurRPG?