World of Farland Contest! Major Prizes! - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

World of Farland Contest! Major Prizes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Void View Post
It is a pity you are going with Fourth Edition rule-set for this. Good luck with your competition and world building Farland. And good luck to all involved!
Nameless, there are lots of possibilities for entries that are crunchless and thus non-edition specific. These include maps, art, literature, write-ups about the setting, etc.

Sweet Conan's Codpiece!! An ad from the Boss himself!! Alas, I to am of Nameless Void's mentality, something other than 4e. (EDIT: I see you have now included maps and stuff, etc, as possible submissions.) Well, that and I'm a talentless-twit, so I guess that kind of holds me back as well.

With an expletive like "Sweet Conan's codpiece" to your credit, Lobo, I have to believe you're not entirely talentless. C'mon ... you know you want to...

I would be interested in writing an adventure set in the fortress of Soggathol/Sogothal ... (which one is it, by the way?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGalaxia View Post
I would be interested in writing an adventure set in the fortress of Soggathol/Sogothal ... (which one is it, by the way?)
Haha, good catch. It's Soggathol, and changes will be made accordingly. That sounds like a great idea, GalaGalaxia, so you're approved.

I won't make promises, as I'm an enormous flake, but from what I can tell you do not have nearly enough horrible monsters or badass females on the site. I'm imagining either a beauty and the beast sort of scene with a girl offering some kindness to a caged bazok, or a warrior woman taunting one. Or maybe a spywing battling it out with an owl or other familiar.

I know little about Farland as of yet, so I'm going to take a day or two to familiarize myself with the setting. Fortunately, I'm one of those GMs who comes up with more ideas in a day than he could write in a lifetime, so hopefully I'll have something that'll work for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
I won't make promises, as I'm an enormous flake, but from what I can tell you do not have nearly enough horrible monsters or badass females on the site. I'm imagining either a beauty and the beast sort of scene with a girl offering some kindness to a caged bazok, or a warrior woman taunting one. Or maybe a spywing battling it out with an owl or other familiar.
Those ideas sound intriguing. What form are you imagining your submission to take, art or what?

Quote:
I know little about Farland as of yet, so I'm going to take a day or two to familiarize myself with the setting. Fortunately, I'm one of those GMs who comes up with more ideas in a day than he could write in a lifetime, so hopefully I'll have something that'll work for this.
Take your time: you have until 10/1 to come up with an idea, and another month to execute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
Interpretive dance. I mean art.
Hehe... sounds good. Go to it!