Trivia - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Trivia

Suggested modification to Traveling by horse custom:

I'm not sure if you made this up yourself: "Skamos believes that he read that the reason for this custom was to avoid collisions caused by travelers on horseback," but I certainly didn't say it. If that's what Skamos believes, that's fine by me. But the most likely origin of the custom is to avoid splashing people with mud while on horseback by riding by too quickly.

Added to Expressions and Sayings:

By the enchanted forest!
- An exclamatory phrase used by fey

May Corellon's music fill your spirit.
- A farewell used by worshipers of Corellon.

What shines today?
- A casual way of asking what is new or good in someone's life, used in the Lion Kingdom of Galefridus, especially among worshipers of Pelor

Hullo!
- An informal Galefridish greeting, used predominantly in the New Duchy of Alysandir

By Moradin's Hammer!
- An exclamatory phrase used by dwarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darakonis View Post
Suggested modification to Traveling by horse custom:

I'm not sure if you made this up yourself: "Skamos believes that he read that the reason for this custom was to avoid collisions caused by travelers on horseback," but I certainly didn't say it. If that's what Skamos believes, that's fine by me. But the most likely origin of the custom is to avoid splashing people with mud while on horseback by riding by too quickly.
Was changed to explanation here. I remember in session that it was mentioned that Skamos remembers that he read something about it in a book.

Add to superstitions:
Dwarven Superstition: Never put down a mug that is not empty, else someone will spit in it. (You can set it down if you don't let go)

Added to Urban Legends & Superstitions:

Never leave yer drink unattended
A dwarven superstition that if you set down a mug that isn't empty, someone who doesn't like you will spit in it while you're not looking.

Victory or Death.
- A farewell in the Kingdom of Gavriel, generally to a man

Add to customs:

Faraji eat sitting on the ground (with pillows). Men sit with their legs crossed while woman sit on their knees. Food is placed on the ground.