Sheetgroups please. - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Sheetgroups please.

Sheetgroups please.

We could use some sheet organization.

I realize adding Game functionality is on the to-do list, but if it's easier, could we get some sheetgroups/folders to help separate our characters?

An "archive" feature might be nice as well. I know the idea of version control was mentioned some weeks back, but a simple checkbox to archive sheets (and hide them) would have uses.

Maybe this is a good time to start a discussion about how to organize sheets and do things better than we've been doing it them. It's why I haven't implemented anything yet.

I was thinking a table with a search/filter at the top, for finding the exact sheet you want.

And/Or, real actual folders - not filter based groups that we have now, where one sheet is in multiple groups.

Or maybe tags (and named/treated as such) would be the way to go.

Thoughts?

Well, it would be nice if sheets moved to a folder disappear from the main page. I just started counting my sheets and I have 50 before hitting "G". Which makes finding a random unsorted sheet take a bit. Especially if you don't specifically remember the sheet-name.

Tags and search would be great, because it allows you to find that lvl 1 fighter you want to copy paste the starting gear from, without needing to remember the name you gave him 3 years ago, without too much hassle.

Basic stuff.
Folders
Ability to archive a sheet with a checkbox (and then hide all the archived sheets on your list)
Adding to Games

Advanced?
Filter/search. Just my 3.5 sheets, where Class: contains "Wizard".
I can think of all kinds of tricky stuff here, some of which is probably silly and/or unreasonable. I want the unknown character I was playing when I was in a game with User:Bob and User:Billy

Version control? If I'm just using my sheet live off the website without making endless clones/copies, can I get back to the one from 10 minutes ago? Last week? Last year?

Proposed changes. I'm expecting a level-up next session, so I prepare a tentative sheet with new powers and such. I go back to my "current" sheet for the session, and have some other changes, like lost equipment, expended item charges, etc. Then I level up, and the equipment on the two sheets has diverged, so I can't just swap. A way to merge the two sheets would be nice.

I would like to see the following:
  1. Folders
  2. A filter function that has the following options:
    - System (only show sheets from the selected system)
    - Game (only show sheets linked to the selected game)
    - Date (before X, after Y, between A and B etc.)
    - The option to only show sheets within the current folder or globally in all your sheets
  3. A search function with the option to only search within the current folder or globally in all your sheets. Pretty much covered by Elkad.
  4. Version control
  5. A toolbar inside the sheet it self that allows access to various options regarding relocation, archiving etc. This includes a "Save as" button.
  6. A way for GM's or even other players in the same game as a sheet to "tag" the sheet and get a notification when it is changed.

It would also be great if there was an option for sharing sheets or sheet groups with varying permissions-- i.e. I could link someone to a sheetgroup (and therefore all the sheets in that group) with only viewing allowed).

Also there seems to be an odd glitch where I get automatically logged out while editing sheets so every time I want to save I have to open a new tab and log in again?

+1 for tags or filters. System and date alone would be very helpful. In D&D having a "class" filter would be useful but that doesn't apply the same way to other systems.

So maybe tags would be a more useful catch-all.