Hello, am I nerd enough yet? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Hello, am I nerd enough yet?

Hello, am I nerd enough yet?

Hello I'm LSKG, was raised in small as hell town, so never had anyone to play D&D or anything like that with, though I was always interested in trying it. I already popped my cherry to 3.5, but my experience is next to nothing. Would love to get into an online game over skype or something on weekends.

Anyway howdy do.

guess my age may be something people would want to know seeing as their are people in their 40's and 50's here as well in their teens.
I'm 22

Hiya fellow new guy, I am currently looking for players for my campaign in a slightly defferent system than D&D. So if you are interested give it a look it over with the link in my signature.

maybe not, but it seems kind of creepy if you are 50 and playing a RPG with a giant group of 15 year olds you don't really know online.... hell it sounds creepy to do that age 22.

pfffft. age has nothing to do with it really, sure the interests and topics change a bit but thats it,

Welcome aboard!

As far as age, I'm 36, I run a live weekly D&D 3.5 campaign on Saturdays, and two of my players are 17 and 23. The other two are almost my age. So far it's all worked out just fine lol

Gaming is gaming, and it's an all-age sport xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSKG View Post
maybe not, but it seems kind of creepy if you are 50 and playing a RPG with a giant group of 15 year olds you don't really know online.... hell it sounds creepy to do that age 22.
How so? Besides for all I know I could be playing with a bunch of teenagers or a bunch of 50 year olds in all the games I'm active in simply because I never asked about age (or gender) and I really couldn't care less. We're having fun and that's all that matters.

But welcome to the weave, hope you like it here, and if you poke around the ads I'm sure you'll find something interesting (even if more or less everything is play by post), as for experience? Most DM's seem to be more than willing to help newbies.

Welcome Aboard,
I'm 29
Young Fella.
As the others said, age and gender matter not, here in the Weave.
There are other sites that allow, or even encourage, mature and adult themed games, but that type of thing is outlawed here, so it shouldn't get awkward. My 3.5e GM is 17, and has already taught me more than most people older than me ever could, because most people don't play RPGs at all.
We are all gamers, no more, no less.