Gibberish Language Tags - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Gibberish Language Tags

Up to this point, I have been content to use " 'Bob says something in a foreign' ". But this is too awesome not to use. Thank you very much for implementing this.

For those of us without language capable sheets, how difficult would it be to include a generic sheet that only includes generic language tags? So that, say, Character 1 speaks languages 1, 4, and 7, while Character 2 speaks languages 1, 2, and 5? Then we can just work it out so that Lang 1 = Common, lang 2=Sky tongue, and so forth.
If it's not workable, I'll just try to gerry-rig it with private tags.

Anyway, thanks again!

The longer-term goal is to make all sheets language-capable Which sheet are you having trouble with?

Exalted. I don't think we even have a working sheet.

I'm hoping that making a generic sheet for languages would be a great deal easier then making sheets for the individual games.

Exalted. Heh, that's actually number 1 on my sheet project list right now. I'll remember to make sure languages work with it.

There are a large number of reasons why generic sheets have not been implemented (linked here). If you are using a system without supported sheets and are just looking for language support, we recommend defaulting to the D&D3.5e sheets since those are known to work with languages.

I've noticed that when you quote the old language tags, it doesn't show the foreign language in the quoted information.

The new tags, when quoted, reveal whatever was typed there. Can this be fixed, otherwise it is easy for players to learn things they aren't supposed to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
I've noticed that when you quote the old language tags, it doesn't show the foreign language in the quoted information.

The new tags, when quoted, reveal whatever was typed there. Can this be fixed, otherwise it is easy for players to learn things they aren't supposed to know...
I didn't keep notes on how I integrated the original tags in the first place, I'll have to find how I did it with the old and replace with the new. Will see what I can do when I get back from holiday.

Could you add something that if the player speaks 'polygot' or 'comprehend languages', they can read all the language text.