Broken Path: DnD 3.5e Altered...Again! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Broken Path: DnD 3.5e Altered...Again!

Broken Path: DnD 3.5e Altered...Again!

So this is still a WIP
I am working on it HERE, and HERE but feel free to post comments, ideas, and so on in either location.
Hello world! I am here before you to present to you something I have been working on for a while now.
It started simply as a Wizard and Fighter fix IRL, but when I went to put it online, I decided to fix other issues I saw, which evolved into my wanting to make a setting for the homebrew, which THEN evolved into my saying "Screw this, I will just make an alternate to Pathfinder with my own stuff!"

I do apologize if it is a disorganized mess in any way. If this is the wrong section for this, please let me know/move it (last option for mods and such :P ).

This Opening Post shall have all of the Changes contained within.

What I am trying to achieve is something...unique but based off of that familiar and relatively easy to use system Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e.

This will take some time, so please keep an eye out, suggest things and give good criticism. I will be working on it for as long as it takes!

Well, sure. I mean, there are a million and one things you could do with D&D, Paizo already tried that, and if I were to re-write it myself I'd do it differently again, but there's not necessarily any right or wrong.

In terms of high-level concept, looks interesting, but then, the high-level of concept of normal 3.5 probably didn't reveal all the issues with it. How would these things actually work? Like, Wizard is a PrC, but is it a PrC that only these custom Sorcerers can take? If not, how will classes hope to keep up? If you started learning spells at L6, you'd kind of suck - even the Ur-Priest sucks for a couple of levels, and it has a very rapid advancement.

I'm not sure you're not reinventing the wheel a bit, too. You're breaking the Sorcerer into various classes with themed spell lists... didn't they already do that? And it actually worked out quite well.

Also. Why is this any better? Can you sum up briefly what the benefit is? I mean this as a bit of a blunt shock-test - what are the problems you're trying to address?

Well, the main issues are that Fighting types are rarely (if ever) good at anything beyond hitting things.
Addressing that by dividing them up into separate classes and giving them other cool stuff they can do beyond smacking things, or doing so in a fancy fashion.
Wizards, Druids, Clerics OP. Pls nerf. A.K.A: break them down, focus them into niches that most people would probably drool over if given the chance (though a pain in the hind end, Zerg Rushes with Summoner? Oh man the fun times are rolling!).
The Wizard PrC is going to advance the previous spellcasting(s). It will only be available to Arcane casters, so it is similar, yet dissimilar to Theurges.

And anyways, it is also to just generally make things make more sense (in my mind).

Why? Because I can! I like the DnD framework, but feel that things like Skill checks, Combat, general Balance overall are things that could be kerboodled with.

And final part of my long post: Pathfinder wants to make money. Though yes, buying the books is so satisfying for some reason, I just want to make something that is cool and free for all that I can also just so happen to use for my own RL campaign.

Updated. I removed the Mystic. Added pretty pictures to the base classes.

I will begin plotting tables and stuff out soon.