Play-Testers and Idea Bouncers for Our Game - Page 16 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Play-Testers and Idea Bouncers for Our Game

The RPG Informer was nice enough to throw up a quick article, at my request.
Too little, too late, I'm afraid, but a great tool we should all keep in mind for next time.

The Iron Wing looks incredible. A Knight in shining armour, with angel wings. What better protector could one hope for?

If anyone gets a chance can you look at one of our 6 card back arts and give us a thumbs up or down.
We didn't want to go with a full color back(we still can though) so the first draft is a blue on white typical background for a poker deck.
We actually like it. It reflects the magic, versus firepower, versus science motto behind AfterEarth and also really has an excellent dirty feel to it. But it is one of 6.
Like, hate. We could clean it up and have it touch up and sharpened but for now its just one of 6 possible backs.
Even if we don't meet our goal on AfterEarth we will be releasing the cards in a KickStarter regardless.

We are looking at red and blue backing right now. Currently the red looks like this.
Again please understand these are not done!

I'll jump in with random comments, which you can take with a grain of salt...

First, I like the red design much better than the blue one. I like the background patterns in both red and blue.

Actually, I really like the red card. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the center medallion looks vaguely native american to my eye, which is out of place with what you're going for, I'm sure. I can't put my finger on it, but it just somehow reminds me of a "dream catcher".

I'll tell you what I don't like about the blue motif...It looks too much like a hodgepodge of incongruous artifacts. The handgun in particular, I really dislike. Also, having 2 items within the gear just looks aesthetically unpleasant. I don't like the radiation symbols either, they are too literal and obvious.

Of all the items on the blue card, I like the gear and the magic symbol best. I'd definitely scrap ye olde pistol, and the radiation symbols.

The red card is a home run, just make the centerpiece less native american looking.

Good luck, this thread is fascinating!

Diego Candia's backs for the Chromatic decks. Remember that poker decks have to have busy elements as even Bycycle printing can't print solid colors without mistakes on cards and so that's why we see such complex designs on many cards.

This is for the chromatic deck printed with chomatic colors-

Also thanks all for the feedback on the cards. We have changed what we could and left what we can't.
Here are some good mockups so far and REMEMBER the art on the faces is a placeholder.

Chromatics