Eating Monsters (D&D 3.5) - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Eating Monsters (D&D 3.5)

Disturbing food? You have no idea. The japanese cut up live baby octopi and eat then while they are still wriggling. People also eat fertilized chicken eggs with the (live) baby chickens--bones and all. Those are will-save worthy foods.

On the topic of the 'roadkill-eating werewolf' do note that most mundane diseases (ie: the kind of thing that would be contracted by eating improperly prepared, raw, or rotting food) have abysmally low save DCs, and thus are not likely to cause any SERIOUS problems for an experienced D&D character.
I recommend instead adding roleplay effects such as indigestion, diarhea, and the like, with no hard game mechanics except in the most severe cases (if they go on a roadkill binge-eating spree, then maybe hit them with the Sickened condition until they can receive magical assistance to cure it, or for 2 or 3 days if they decide to just wait it out)

I must say, this is probably the most interesting thread I've read in a long time!

I agree with letting them eat anything they feel like. All the points presented so far seem very reasonable. I have nothing else to add, other than thanks for the cool ideas!

New guaranteed to work diet! Swallow a bit of Gelatinous cube and feel free to eat anything you desire, ever!

Side effects may include nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach, excruciating pain, and being digested from the inside out. Consult with your Cleric.