Favorite Class? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Favorite Class?

Favorite Class?

Im not sure if this has been done before, but I thought this would be a good way to get to know the people of the forums a little better! The concept is pick your favorite class, (DnD 3.5 is default, if it is from another game just say so...) And Give us a little tid bit about why you like it, be it mechanical or flavorful. I would like the use of a simple template:

Class Name:
Game:
Book:
Reason:

Here We Go!:

Class Name: Crusader
Game: DnD 3.5
Book: Tome of BAttle
Reason: With other classes, the reason to fight or adventure comes down to: "I am getting paid, It is in my nature" or something similarly stupid. With them, the have a cause, they have a reason! The adventure or fight for what they believe and no one can tell them any different. (Well you could, but you would have a pretty big bruise afterwards.) They have a kind of flavor that screams feeling, giving them a lot of roleplay value. They also seem very human, not just a character, but a person.

Thoughts?

((Also if this is not the right forum please move it, Thankies ^^))

Class: Rogue
Game: 4e
Book: PHB
Reason: I get to stab things. In the back. A lot. And be sneaky and guileful. And I like being deceptive and the class fulfills all of these requirements.

Class Name: Bard
Game: 1st Edition AD&D
Book: Players Handbook
Reason: The first edition bards were harder than heck to qualify for and because of that, when you ran into one, they had this mystique about them - the way they should have had mystique... The spells, the music, the thieves skills. I never recovered with what they did to 'em in 2nd Edition +

Yeah - imagine it, you start off as a single class fighter or thief, progress to 7th level or so, then you dual class as a thief until you one up your fighter. Then, you can start off as a bard. Ahh the memories...

The class is near the end of the book you got - you have the right one!

Class Name: Cleric
Game: 3.5e
Book: Player's Handbook
Reason: The cleric is a thousand and one different things to a thousand and one different people. The combination of alignment, god and domains make for infinitely different characters with the same class. You can be an armored hellion of Gruumsh, the wandering priest of Fharlanghn, devout but cunning follower of Olidamarra, the list goes on. And this is all barring the variants like Cloistered Cleric. They get a bad rep for their place in the big five, but you could give them half the spells they normally get and still have a class I'd play over and over.