Shadowrun 4e: Car Chase - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Shadowrun 4e: Car Chase

Shadowrun 4e: Car Chase

Hello. My friends and I are getting together during Thanksgiving and I suggested that we have a one-shot Shadowrun 4e game. I have the Core Anniversary book but I've never played or DMed it before, and my players would be completely foreign to it.
I suggested that we'd have a car chase through Peoria, which is the largest city close to where we live, and they seem to love the idea. There's a good chance that I'll have 4-6 players and they'll be using the presets in the books.

#1: Any tips for a new DM in terms of what I need?
#2: Any tips about how to run a car chase?

First off you would who would you be running from police, henchman for organization, etc. what would be there motive objective? if a theft how valuable is the item you are stealing?

just realised post was from awhile back lol

I'm curious to know how this turned out for you. SR4E can be a rules nightmare for new players, let alone for new GMs. If you want to post any detail on how this went, I'd love to see them.

I ended up not being able to run it, both due to how difficult it would have been to run and the multitudes of other entertainment my friends had. We had a good time with board games and computer games.