What would you do? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

What would you do?

Thanks for all the suggestions! And thanks for the sandbox advice. All they players are starting individually then grouping up later so there is all types of plans that could appear! :P

If this helps at all, I'm running a more sandbox D&D 3.5 campaign with my college buds. In the days between sessions, I usually collect my notes, organize them, and look through stat-blocks and character sheets I've made. I usually mass-produce character sheets and stat-blocks for different enemies or encounters because I feel the more content I can offer to my players, the more depth the world will have. What's a sandbox world without action taking place outside of the party's actions? Sure, they won't work to stop the big-bad. That doesn't mean the big-bad will halt his plans and progress until the party resumes its Main Quest.

I think we could help you more if you told us what kind of characters your people are playing. If they are all diehard combat veterans they would react very differently to what you described than if they were a bunch of "ordinary" university students, say.

I would have to agree with some of the other posters and drop off the grid, change my appearance and try to find out as much as possible about my aggressors in order to begin planning a counterattack. If your group didn't stand and fight (either out-gunned *HA* or out-maneuvered at the time) you as a GM could manipulate that into a point where they start receiving messages from the BBEG like, "Don't tell me you're going to run again like last time..." Retreat stings the pride and you can use that to your advantage to goad the characters into action.*

*Please note that you should be goading the characters, not the players. I wouldn't recommend this course of action if your group would take it personally.