Weeping Angels encounter - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Weeping Angels encounter

Over the course of a 6-second round, a character can look in just about any direction at some point, and can have looked in just about every direction over the course of the round. There is no non-arbitrary, non- suspension-of-disbelief-shattering way that facing can be implemented into most d20 sub-systems.

There are systems that can handle facing with varying degrees of success, and there are those that regularly do, but d20 is not typically among them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_moon_wolfess View Post
You can't damage the angels in the show because it's their touch that sends you back in time.
...when they're not frozen, and only if that's what they want to do. If you bump into one that's frozen, nothing happens. They're literally just statues.

In regards to facing, while a character could feasibly look every direction in the span of 1 round / 6 seconds, most people do not walk around doing that. Unless my players tell me they do that as they move, I do not assume it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Thomas View Post
In regards to facing, while a character could feasibly look every direction in the span of 1 round / 6 seconds, most people do not walk around doing that. Unless my players tell me they do that as they move, I do not assume it.
How do you deal, then, with the 'partial rounds' that result when a character glances in the direction of an angel only momentarily, or only momentarily glances away from one, or the entire spectrum between those two?

Tedronai, What matters is what direction they're facing when it ISN'T their turn. So a facing system could work. Say I walk in front of one and stare at it, on it's turn I'm looking at it so it can't move, but I can't look away or it can. That is what the facing system is for.

The game is turn-based. The world it represents is not.
A group of four characters facing one dragon do not each act for six seconds, then stand stock-still for the next twenty-four.

Each round consists of six seconds. Each character takes a turn within that round. Each character's turn lasts the full six seconds of the round.