Ratski's Idea Thread (World: Havos) - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Ratski's Idea Thread (World: Havos)

Ratski's Idea Thread (World: Havos)

Don't mind me. I use Myth-Weavers constantly while I'm in the middle of DMing. I wanted to have a thread of my ideas that I can pitch to the group at any time instead of having to improvise, or having them too far away from the programs I use.

Feel free to comment with some of your quick encounter ideas! Maybe I'll try them out and let you know how they work!

- Haunted Dreams
- Setting: Adventuring party is crossing worlds. Preferably at night, over plains
- Set-Up: The group comes across a man wearing dark robes with bright blue eyes. The man speaks directly and without pause. "Look behind me. You see an empty field, no? I am a dream master. There is a small girl in a town nearby that is having nightmares. These nightmares will spread to others in that town until the whole town falls into an eternal sleep. In order to stop this, you must enter her dreams and defeat whatever the source is."
- Encounter: SKILLS CHALLENGE. The sky will turn red, and a ghostly town will appear in that field. The man they met will be frozen. As the players approach the town, they run into random characters, all with their own story. Attacking is not possible. The players must use Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Insight checks to find the source of the problem. Once found, they must convince the source to leave. Failing three times results in an ultimate fail, and that town is doomed.

You don't. Attacking just makes everything demonstrably worse.

You have a personal wiki page you can use for this kind of thing, and it will never be buried or lost like a thread can. Click on Wiki on the menu bar, then find your username as a link along the top right hand side of the page. The downside is that other people can edit it, but I've never had a problem with mine.

Wow, I didn't know we had wiki sections to do with as we will. My dream of becoming a god is one step closer now.

While investigating the town each of the players encounters their worst nightmare(s) in way of another.
How can that be? Are they dreaming?
Trying to prevent nightmares to spread while they themselves are encountering things they've never shared with anyone.
Their own personal fears could be obstacles to fight in order to reach the first piece of the puzzle. (That is the girl or her subconscious.)