Did you ever ask someone to teach you poker and they said, "Sure! But what you really want to learn is Gin. Let me help you with that."?

Parceling out abilities over individual levels in small bits is what the talent trees do well. They don't handle bigger chunks of abilities well. I like the generic system because you can pack a bigger abilitiy under one chunk. Familiar is one such ability and it scales with level. You can't fit that into a talent or you end up stepping it so small that it feels more like getting an encyclopedia set one volume at a time (most of you will have no idea what I am talking about without googling it).

A twentieth level character will have eight such chunks representing the full class features of a well rounded class. I might add in talent trees on top of that, but I'm looking for a list of scifi class abilities.

I've got these roughed out:

Uncanny Dodge (This grants both Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge)
Evasion (Required +3 base Reflex save)
Improved Evasion (Requires Evasion)
Familiar (This is a technologically created creature that is bound to the PC with either cybernetics or wet-ware)
Animal Companion (This is a technologically created creature that is programmed to follow and obey the PC)
Wild Empathy
Telekinetic Wielder (requires telekinesis mutation)
Adv. Telekinetic Wielder (requires Telekinetic Wielder and mutation)
Build Robot