Looking for a Magic Item - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Looking for a Magic Item

Looking for a Magic Item

Hey folks,

Is there a magic item that has the Locate Object spell? I can't find any, but it seems like it should exist. Even if it only has 1 charge or limited charges per day, is there something out there?

How about some sort of spell storing device. No, not a Spell Storing weapon enhancement or a Ring of Spell Storing, but some sort of item, maybe a gem, that can store a spell in it? I swore something existed. Not sure, but maybe the item is destroyed after the spell is used, but I thought there was an item out there.

I'm just looking for cheap-but-helpful magic items.

Scroll of Locate Object ?
200gp for the arcane version, 375gp for divine one.

Eternal Wand of Locate Object ?
4420gp (arcane only)

A Pearl of Power sort-of stores a spell. It could be used as a price base for your Locate Object item. Maybe an old, weathered, bronze coin with a compass rose poorly scored into both sides of the long faded faces.

Single-use spells should definitely be priced as potions, as those are meant for noncasters to use as well. Scrolls are priced on the assumption only a caster(or rogue) will be using it.