Found Wallet - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Found Wallet

View Poll Results
What would you do with a found wallet?
Take the money, leave the wallet. 1 1.59%
Take the money and the credit cards, leave the wallet. 0 0%
Take the entire wallet and keep. 0 0%
Ignore/leave the wallet. 0 0%
Mail the wallet to the person. 21 33.33%
Bring the wallet to the police. 31 49.21%
Drop the wallet off at the persons address - as per their drivers license. 20 31.75%
Something else? (Please describe) 12 19.05%

Police aren't in the lost and found business for the most part. Intrigues me how "contact the police" is the moral go to for many folks. Mail the fella his wallet; leave popo out if it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Crow View Post
Police aren't in the lost and found business for the most part. Intrigues me how "contact the police" is the moral go to for many folks. Mail the fella his wallet; leave popo out if it.
More so than you might think. They find missing persons, stolen property, cats in trees... oh wait, that last one is firepeople.

London's police would likely take the money and leave the wallet forever in a drawer someplace. This is what happens with 'phones, even if someone is calling them. I believe eventually the 'phones are sold.

I would return the wallet plus money, unless the owner was someone I despise (wealthy banker, wealthy right-wing politician), in which case the wallet would find itself returned anonymously, sans the money, which would be donated to charity.