HALO 4: Forward Unto Dawn - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

HALO 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Pretty sweet that the academy scenes appear to have all been filmed in my backyard up at the Simon Fraser University (SFU) campus in Burnaby, BC (Vancouver). Minus the huge, hi-tech towers and whatnot, it is as bleak and industrial-looking up there as it appears in the series.

They might just "kill" her off for shock value. This isn't Bungie making the new game after all so they may just feel they need to do something exceptionally stupid to make the series their own. Then again, they're already making a Halo 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Lint View Post
They might just "kill" her off for shock value. This isn't Bungie making the new game after all so they may just feel they need to do something exceptionally stupid to make the series their own. Then again, they're already making a Halo 4...
True...it could be a fresh perspective and an exciting new series, or a recipe for disaster. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt though since Microsoft and 434 or whatever its called are expending considerable effort to make it look good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
True...it could be a fresh perspective and an exciting new series, or a recipe for disaster. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt though since Microsoft and 434 or whatever its called are expending considerable effort to make it look good so far.
Big game publishers these days pretty much always spend considerable effort making their games look good. Hype is far more important than the actual merits of the game itself in the modern industry.

So, has anyone been keeping up with this series? I have, and it's getting pretty interesting. Lots of commentary on the political and military structures within the Halo universe, which is interesting, and reasonably developing characters is making for a decent story arc. Looking forward to Ep. 4!

My husband and I have both been following it closely. He knows more of the canon material than I do, so it's interesting to see the little tidbits extra that he picks up. It's very well done and I'm surprised by the budget they're spending on it. Also, the characters are compelling and interesting. I like how it's all being set up.

I loved it! The first episode was informative of their situation, developed the plot enough and also reached back into past events so that we got a general idea of what's going on.

Admittedly the acting was just a touch shonky and off but it didn't hinder it at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
Admittedly the acting was just a touch shonky and off but it didn't hinder it at all!
Agreed, but it's pretty low-budget, and with a young cast, so that's to be expected.