My wife's undead/hadoozy/barber/monk/dashing swodsman... Help? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

My wife's undead/hadoozy/barber/monk/dashing swodsman... Help?

My wife's undead/hadoozy/barber/monk/dashing swodsman... Help?

My wife and I are starting a new game (tomorrow), and she wants to play an...

1.Undead
2.Hadoozey
3.Barber Themed
4.Monk
5.Dashing Swordsman (oots)

Basically its a flamboyant dead gorilla who uses straight edged razors...

I think we can RP her straight edged razors as MW folding kamas, but I have no clue how to make this thing undead.

The game is plague themed, and the reason my character (a doctor) is travelling with this dead monkey is gonna be one of the following...

The guy died from an early mutation of the plague, and for some reason it brought him back to life as an undead. He is now free of the plague and no longer contagious. We keep him arround for observation.

The guy died from the current form of the plague, came back resistant, and now we think we can make a cure from him.

Either way, we need a way to make him undead that is plague themed, but not gonna cause him to infect those arround him.

Also, the party has nothing but positive healers, is there a way to make him heal able?

Necropolitan. It's the best way to go for undead that doesn't give you a bunch of LA crap.

Or beg the GM for some free LA.

The lady's going to need all the help she can get with THAT build.

If you can get some free LA... for that build... ghoul are always an option. And I thought even a good aligned cleric could cast the "inflict" spells. Which do heal undead.

Libris Mortis has an awaken undead spell, that grants intelligence to an otherwise non-sentient undead. So have her character die, be reanimated, and then awakened. Not the perfect solution (there's a possibility to end up with an int of 5), but it comes without LA.

Monk and dashing swordsman is easy though: Swordsage.

It's not so much that the Awaken Undead spell comes without LA as it is that it comes without PC-applicable rules.

Bone or corpse creature are options, both are LA; N/A templates, usually added to creatures to represent undead that came back sentient, to a certain degree. The given explanation is that they were created by a create/greater undead spell.

They are BoVD tempaltes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky number 13 View Post
Bone or corpse creature are options, both are LA; N/A templates, usually added to creatures to represent undead that came back sentient, to a certain degree. The given explanation is that they were created by a create/greater undead spell.

They are BoVD tempaltes.
LA: N/A is not LA: 0.
Rather, it indicates that the template or creature is deemed unsuitable for player characters.

.....? I think it might be easier to find a new wife. I blame bad character ideas for the worlds high divorce rates.

In all seriousness though, just go with flavor. DnD rules are just guidelines anyway. As long as it's fun what does it matter?

Yeah, I don't think there are going to be any official rules that are really gonna help you here. If everyone else in the group is fine with it, just let her have the undead traits, and have her be positively-powered undead (like the good lich from Faerun) that's healed by positive energy... less an undead and more a ghost that got disconnected from the body long enough for the body to die, but then got re-attached, so it's not powered by negative energy, it's just that it's soul's connection to it's body got "knocked loose" by the plague and can't be re-attached well enough to bring the body back to life.

The LA and so forth are all for balance purposes, since the disadvantage of being destroyed instead of killed at 0 is more than made up for by the various immunities undead get... if everyone is fine with her character being more powerful due to those immunities/ect., and just want to have fun, have at it.

Also, either option for integration into the party could lead to some hilarious moments if you play a more slapstick game... "Hey, that plague zombie we just destroyed is pretty ripe! It might have new version of the plague! Quick, rub your face in it's remains so you can catch it and we'll observe how it interacts with you!"