Edge of Twilight - Say goodbye to the game =/ - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Edge of Twilight - Say goodbye to the game =/

Edge of Twilight - Say goodbye to the game =/

If you haven't heard of this game before, check out their latest trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/so...-edge-of/51344

Source: Kotaku - http://kotaku.com/5416548/rumor-say-...ge-of-twilight
Quote:
Steampunk fantasy RPG Edge of Twilight may never see the light of day. The Fuzzeyes Studios developed game, originally planned for release this year on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, is rumored to have been canceled.

Despite looking pretty in screen shots, improving dramatically since it was first announced, work on Edge of Twilight is said to have ceased months ago by a former Fuzzyeyes developer. The Australian developer responsible is also said to have been effectively shut down.
A friend of mine also heard from a former employee that the studio is indeed closing.

RIP Fuzzyeyes Studio, and I wish the people working there a happy holiday.

It really is amazing how many cool games never make it to the public eye... for the game company I am working at now I have been granted a look at a couple projects that never made it out... The interesting thing about that though is, the idea never really dies, it just falls off the radar till they can sell it to someone else.

Disclaimer: Don't ask me about these projects as I am under a NDA/Confidentiality Agreement.

Read and dry your eyes.

It might be a situation similar to Pandemic, release one last game then close down. But I will be more surprised if the game doesn't come out.

It probably still sucks that, a game you worked on for years, you don't get to see it finish.

Agreed. I hope that if the studio does close down that they find work quickly.

I hope so too. At this time of year it's holiday, crunch time. They might fill in a few spots for short-term or get picked up by other companies. Let's hope the developers get some sales this Christmas so they have more funding for more employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It really is amazing how many cool games never make it to the public eye... for the game company I am working at now I have been granted a look at a couple projects that never made it out... The interesting thing about that though is, the idea never really dies, it just falls off the radar till they can sell it to someone else.

Disclaimer: Don't ask me about these projects as I am under a NDA/Confidentiality Agreement.
Lucky...