Notices

OOC: The Chant

OOC: The Chant

Hey guys, seems like we have everything set up about now so I'm gonna try and get us started this weekend. Let me know if anything is up and you can't post till later, though I'm sure I would have heard it from the other game by now.

The only problem with me is going to be my vacation that starts in about a week. It'll be three weeks with little or no internet access (basically roughing it in the middle of nowhere). I was going to announce it on Sellswords next week, but I figured you should know about it now.

Mechanically I'm all set with Chrys, I know I need to finish the background. But I'm ready when you are.

Three weeks is quite a stint or the start of a game. Do we wanna wait for HFLep before getting started or do you, HFLep, and the rest not mind?

Either is okay with me. I might put Sellswords on hiatus for 3 weeks, too. Not so much because we'd be missing one player as because this is the capstone of the Heroic , and I want everyone to be available for it.

You can also work me into the story at the three week mark, when I come back. It's your call, though.

I think we'll hold off on starting at least for now. I had written for everyone to be involved with the start of the adventure but it might be possible for HFLep's character to come in later because of his character and certain elements of the story. Since we'd be pausing Sellwords it would be a good way to keep us active too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenminded View Post
I think we'll hold off on starting at least for now. I had written for everyone to be involved with the start of the adventure but it might be possible for HFLep's character to come in later because of his character and certain elements of the story. Since we'd be pausing Sellwords it would be a good way to keep us active too.
As a matter of party balance, HFLep's character here is probably the easiest guy in the party to live without in a pinch. A full party missing only a melee striker should still be reasonably effective. We might struggle with Elites and expect longer fights in general, but it's not the end of the world. And in 4e you can even get by using Athletics and a Crowbar if you're missing your Thief.

At Sellswords it's a little different, since I sort of have trouble imagining that the party would survive this next piece without its ace Defender, but over here I tend to think we'd at least be able to fight and live to tell the tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoE View Post
At Sellswords it's a little different, since I sort of have trouble imagining that the party would survive this next piece without its ace Defender, but over here I tend to think we'd at least be able to fight and live to tell the tale.
Awww . . . he called Jaeron "ace".