Issue Eight Interlude III: The Mall

 
Issue Eight Interlude III: The Mall

The Galleria Mall [Blackbird, Maelstrom, Silverhawk]

Several of the people swarming Blackbird and Maelstrom indicate the presence of a very suspicious individual wandering the mall isles and ask you to check it out. When the two heroes do so, they find the 'suspicious individual' to be Silverhawk. Apparently, this identity just hasn't raked up enough Popularity yet…

As the three heroes confer for a moment, they become aware of the fact that a group of similarly black-clad oriental youth are watching them intently…not together, but from the openings of several nearby shops. As the heroes turn to look at the youths, they drop, to a man, to a martial artist's 'ready' pose as if to challenge the three heroes to hand-to-hand combat.

Roll for Initiative (1d10 plus 1 for every rank your Intuition is above Typical). They are on
Dice Roll: 1d10+0
d10 Results: 5 (Total = 5)
.

Initiative:
Black Bird 11.2
Silver Hawk 8.4
Flying Tigers 5
Maelstrom ?

Dice Roll: 1d10+2
d10 Results: 9 (Total = 11)
Initiative!

Dice Roll: 1d10+4
d10 Results: 4 (Total = 8)
Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
As the three heroes confer for a moment, they become aware of the fact that a group of similarly black-clad oriental youth are watching them intently…not together, but from the openings of several nearby shops. As the heroes turn to look at the youths, they drop, to a man, to a martial artist's 'ready' pose as if to challenge the three heroes to hand-to-hand combat.
"Ahh, there you all are," Blackbird rolls smoothly with the arrival. Addressing the challengers with a smile, he goes on, "We were just about to go for a cup of coffee while we waited. Shall we clear the area before getting started with the show? That way we'll have a better audience."

He's ready to put up his forcefield if that's called for, but not as personal armor. He intends to use it as a barrier, or a scoop, if need be to get civilians out of the way or hostiles out of the way of civilians.

Bystanders are not a problem, as they back off to a safe distance for viewing as they realize something is about to go down. There is a bench, two large potted plants, and a small kiosk peddling mundane items in the areas adjacent to you, however. It is safe to assume the mall management would prefer these items go unaccosted.

"So, who's in charge?"

As if in response, one of the youths charges forward at Blackbird and hurls a flurry of blows (which, with a roll of 04, looks somewhat impressive, but never manages to physically connect with Blackbird). The others take this as a signal to commence and move in as well.

Silver Hawk begins to smile a bit wide when the gang begins to circle. Silver then looks at the closest Gang member and smiles at him. He then stares him down and talks to him. Hey there buddy you ever danced with the winged devil? You are about to are you ready for it. Silver Hawk then drops his right hand as he gets ready to strike him. He then swings a right uppercut at the Flying Tiger.
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 61
Right Uppercut/ Fighting 20 He follows the uppercut with an elbow as the fist passes.
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 51
Elbow/ Fighting 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
As if in response, one of the youths charges forward at Blackbird and hurls a flurry of blows (which, with a roll of 04, looks somewhat impressive, but never manages to physically connect with Blackbird). The others take this as a signal to commence and move in as well.
"I did expect more than this, you know. A formal challenge, perhaps, or some ritual respect for the opponent." Blackbird sidesteps, places a foot into the air as if he's taking a step upwards, and gets the height advantage by means of flight. "Or perhaps a reason slightly better than street cred. Not that I mind a good exhibition match."

He's just trying to stay out of harm's way, for the moment. I think you can use Agility for defense, or to deflect the power of a blow, or similar? If so, he's doing that...Remarkable Agility (30) with a +1CS for being airborne in combat.
Actions




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us