Issue Eight Interlude IV: The Warehouse

Benni helps Minuteman disarm and tie up the guards, "Hmm.. we got two ways to go. I know the movies always makes this to be a bad idea, but should we split up?" Benni looks at the others, being inexperienced at this superheroing stuff still. This being her first major case into adventuring, her previous life being in labs all the time. She doesn't really feel the cold because of her invulnerable skin, but her frosty breath and ice on the windows gives it away, she smiles and nods at Moyta, "Good job Moyta."

"There's some sort of alarm going on," Motya noted quickly. "Apparently we're not the only thing going wrong for them today. Perhaps our friend in the black kevlar that you've mentioned on occasion? Either that or escaped test subjects....I wonder which would be worse."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote View Post
Benni helps Minuteman disarm and tie up the guards, "Hmm.. we got two ways to go. I know the movies always makes this to be a bad idea, but should we split up?" Benni looks at the others, being inexperienced at this superheroing stuff still. This being her first major case into adventuring, her previous life being in labs all the time. She doesn't really feel the cold because of her invulnerable skin, but her frosty breath and ice on the windows gives it away, she smiles and nods at Moyta, "Good job Moyta."

"Ummmm, splitting up when we are hunting a telepath might not be a really good idea. We would never know if one of us were taken control of and began working versus the others. These people here are the least of our concerns. I suggest we let these ones thaw out and head in. Modok could be gone by the time we tie all these underlings up."

Based on Motya's statement, the fact that she doesn't see or hear anything that would indicate an alarm has gone off, and the layout inside the guard room, Benni realizes Motya might have picked up the "alarm" impression from the guards - there is a red button on the console marked that the guards were going for before they were KO'd. Benni is pretty sure they never hit the button, so it's very likely no one else in the complex is alerted to your presence...yet...

"No sense worrying about stealth because we've already been had," Centennial Man warns. "If MODOK is truly the telepath we're imagining him to be, he can see through other people's eyes. That, and he can most likely create a psychic network and have all linked minds share thoughts and perceptions. Consider everyone who's not part of our group an extension of MODOK, so that means guards, hired villains and even stray mice. This entire place is a hive."

Benni pauses in thought, "No, I don't think we have been made yet. There would be much more noise." Benni points at the red button, "Moyta, you probably sensed them thinking about pressing that alarm, but we stopped them before they could."

Benni turns to Centennial, "That is certainly a possibility, but how many minds are in this base? How many minds can you keep track of at once. And if has detected us, why aren't we being attacked yet."

Benni nods at Rad's thought we should stay together, "Yes good point, until we know more, it probably is better if we stay together." She shrugs at leaving the guards untied, "While we have surprise on our side, best we use it smartly." Examining the intersection ahead, she suggests, "Lets go through that door right in front of us. We don't know where we are going, so that looks as good as any direction." Benni shrugs and heads for the door, stopping outside of it look back to make sure everyone is ready before she opens it.

Centennial Man shakes his head and follows. "I really think we'll be doing ourselves a favor if we assume the surprise is on us and not MODOK," he whispers. "This is MODOK's bunker, afterall, so we're playing by his rules. If we pretend he already knows we're here, which I suspect he does, his snare has already been set. This place is a hive, I tell you. The deeper we go in, the stickier it'll get. Eventually we'll get trapped, and that's when we'll get stung."

Rad pulls out his comm card and pages the main office and asks whoever is manning the "war desk" and asks whoever is manning it if we have any blueprints in the system for this building and and to send whatever info they can give us to our cards.

"We do need to keep moving. That door is a nice start. We should move cautiously until HQ can give us a better idea of where to head. That is unless Modok wants to make this easy on us and just comes out and greets us like any good host would. But you know how this works, the coward will send more minions to wear us down and then try to take us by suprise when we are weakened."