Sinister DM Plotting Thread

Ok I think I can handle all that. I've been busy puking my guts out the past few days, but I think I'm on the rebound now. My only issue is with the map: I have no idea how to change it.

Was talking with the guys over in IRC after looking over some things that didn't seem right to me and figured something out. Units attacking Zuriel should only be taking -20 to their BS tests. Concealment is treated as it is in DH, as an opposed test, which Auto-fails unless the skill user is actually able to conceal themselves. Now one could argue that by manipulating light Zuriel counts as always being able to hide himself, but it doesn't change the fact that he would still need to take a half action to test for it, and even if he made the test, the attacking unit gets to roll Awareness to negate it.

Working on a post now, so don't feel obligated to rush something together right now. Again, only problem I have is that I dont have any way of adding new units to the map.

Found this, what might interest you is down under the UN Pacific Fleet section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
Was talking with the guys over in IRC after looking over some things that didn't seem right to me and figured something out. Units attacking Zuriel should only be taking -20 to their BS tests. Concealment is treated as it is in DH, as an opposed test, which Auto-fails unless the skill user is actually able to conceal themselves. Now one could argue that by manipulating light Zuriel counts as always being able to hide himself, but it doesn't change the fact that he would still need to take a half action to test for it, and even if he made the test, the attacking unit gets to roll Awareness to negate it.
Oh yeah, after reviewing the rules for the Chameleon psychic power, I see that you're right, only -20 to BS attacks. Zuriel hasn't yet once tried a Concealment check, so that has yet to apply. Elaborately-worded flavor text aside, Zuriel has always been in the exact same square that he appears to be. It may be worth informing the players via MAGI that attacking it in close quarters will mostly nullify its advantage (although Combat Master makes it impossible to mob easily).

I've been in a long string of hotels that charge money for wireless internet, thus have been resorting to my phone to post the past few days. This however has made it impossible to update new tokens on the map, sorry. I'll try to get that done the first chance I get.

Glad to have you back Z.

Let me know if you see any improvements that might be made. When I have a bit more time I'll fill you in on my plans for plot-advancement in this most recent Pilot RP encounter (the Field Trip). Also, Lothmar is going to have his own deal going on as soon as he finalizes the Surplus spending in his own IC chapter.

Here's a (Work in progress) preview of his next update, tentatively titled "A meeting with the Boss".

EDIT: New preview image. The old one sucked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zuriel Recovery - Saito and Veidt.jpg (76.1 KB, 0 views)

Again, if you need me to do anything all you need to do is ask. I don't want to see this die any more than you do, so anything I can do you keep things running smoothly I'll gladly do.

Clue me in here please, because I've been getting this SPIES SAPP'IN MA EVA PILOT feeling ever since the cell phone kid showed up and it's been getting worse.

Sure thing. However since it has come to my attention that Readers can see this conversation just like any other private thread, I will do it via private message when I get back home this afternoon. Readers who are also watching this and scratching their heads, rest assured that there is a method and a purpose to the madness.

I'm not just trolling the pilots! ...it merelyq happens to be a fun side effect.