Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

MnM: More on MnM3e and DC adventures

Was it? I didn't even check the dates. I only noticed M&M3e a few weeks ago, mostly because I saw the DCA book. I didn't realise how late I was to the party. Happy to... help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Orion, be aware that by "updates" here TheIronLegion means the changes between 2nd and 3rd ed. Character creation in DCA and in M&M3e (updated with the errata) is identical.
Yeah... sorry about that... the information is exactly the same... just the transition from 2nd to 3rd Edition caused some issues for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Am I the only person that's noticed that this thread was necro'd from over a year ago?
Wow, I totally missed that.. I saw it as the lead topic under game sessions (so it appeared on the MW homepage) and when I clicked it it took me right to the post that brought this back from the dead.. Totally didn't even notice it was the first post from on the third page of a long dead thread :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Am I the only person that's noticed that this thread was necro'd from over a year ago?
It wasn't necroed; it just had it's imortality bought with a huge time shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Orion View Post
Thanks, guys and gals for the quick answer! But now I'm torn. I'd love to have the stats for the DC characters, but obviously, I'd rather have the corrected book. I'll have to go with the M&M3e book. I wouldn't be running games in the DCU anyway. They are useful, though, as a way to peg power levels. Alas...

Any word on a corrected DC Adv. book?
Well, you could get the M&M 3E book and then the DC Heroes & Villians series, they are reprinting the characters from the DC Adventurers Hanbook in the H&V vol 1&2.

There has been no word yet on a second printing of DCA HH on the atomic think tank. Jon L (the line developer) did say that they planned to do a second printing on the Vigilance Press Podcast, I believe.

Well, after all that, I ended up buying a copy of M&M 3e that's from last year, so it still has the typos in it. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Orion View Post
Well, after all that, I ended up buying a copy of M&M 3e that's from last year, so it still has the typos in it. Ugh.
Sad but true. Both DCA and M&M3e had a very *rushed* feel to them (especially DCA). They have been dutifully updating their PDFs, but these small press companies are slow to get to the next printing to fix errors in print copies.