Marvel Universe 9 26.47%
DC Universe 8 23.53%
Noir 8 23.53%
Silver Age 4 11.76%
Bronze Age 2 5.88%
Modern Age 15 44.12%

MnM3e. what would you like to play?

Regarding Poll (adding here for clarity's sake):
Polling areas of interest. Game would most likely be set in the modern day, unless Noir is chosen. Silver/Bronze/Modern age is mostly about which flavor of gritty vs 4-color is preferred, with Noir as the odd duck given it's uniqueness (Iron age, aka 90's shoulderpad-abusing gun-tooting ridiculousness have been purposely left out).

A street-level crimefighting game, on DCU and modern age would be, for example, a set of new heroes trying to clean up Blüdhaven or gotham and fighting thugs, and sometimes villains from bats' rogue gallery doing city-threatening traps. While a marvel, modern age hero high type of game screams X-Men.

Original Post:
Having the thing out, or at least, DC adventures out, i've been browsing through the book and pondering to either run or co-GM a game. Question is, what to run?.
- I'd rather avoid yet-another-PL8-government-run-group, americanism, terrorist hunting and the like. Not my thing.
- I'm not against using MnM to run non-superhero games, the system is flexible and works well with little adjustment, this comes from a person that GM-ed a gundam game with 2e rules.
- Having said that, neither i am against playing a straight up superhero game, or even a DC or Marvel one (No Image comics tho, Youngbloods and other 90's barf i stay away from).

So, what do you guys want to play? anybody wants to GM or co-GM? (i'm fine with either role, but the more GMs, the merrier)

I'm probably in too many games as it is, but a Fate/Stay Night game would be too awesome to pass up. Hero High games always seem to be popular, too.

I'm afraid I haven't really been following MnM3. Is a new core book out already, or just DC Adventures? Will there be changes between DCA and the actual 3e? The traditionalist in me finds it weird to have eight abilities and combat as a skill.

Ah, DCA is the hardcover, pretty book for 3e, so no changes between DCA and actual 3e as far as i know.
The 8 stats things is.. odd, they mashed attack/defense with the traditional 6 and shifted about some things, like splitting acrobatics from manual dexterity, and merging ranged combat to the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm2c View Post
I'm probably in too many games as it is, but a Fate/Stay Night game would be too awesome to pass up. Hero High games always seem to be popular, too.

I'm afraid I haven't really been following MnM3. Is a new core book out already, or just DC Adventures? Will there be changes between DCA and the actual 3e? The traditionalist in me finds it weird to have eight abilities and combat as a skill.
Shadowrun 4e has eight abilities and weapon skills and it seems alright. A F/SN or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game would be all sorts of cool, or maybe an Inception meets Persona type dealie.

Haven't watched inception, so wouldn't be able to do justice to that until i do.
By persona you mean the persona games?

I wouldn't mind playing a cosmic scale game dealing with cosmic issues with the character representative of specific concepts that have to be maintained for the universe to function with external and internal forces constantly threatening it all.

Seconding F/SN (though Holy Grail Wars is the usual system I see mentioned for it) and anything Personaish as ideas that would make for a great M&M game. Of course, straight superheroism would be fun too. It's been a looooooooooong while since I played an honest to god superhero.

Heh, you at least have Dale, sure, no fights yet, but the lad is fairly heroic.
Eve? she's so proto-villain it's scary.

Well yeah, but teen heroes are kind of their own niche, and heroes who can pretty much be planet busters if they want to even moreso. :P

Speaking seriously though some sorts of heroes definitely have something different about them. Teenagers usually have much more focus on their inner struggles and "cleaner", simpler motivations compared to their grown-up counterparts. it's hard to explain, but looking at, say, the Teen Titans alongside the Justice League it's easy to see a difference.

Or spiderman, early days Parker pretty much defines the teen hero niche. Speaking of teen heroes, i'm re-reading again my runaways issues, the gap between the two groups is fairly obvious there.
Persona would be a tad different from those two too, Japanese stuff have this particular feel that is hard to shake off. Their own subset of tropes, if you will.

Not sure about the planet-buster part, topeka? sure, planet? i think they'd need to seriously work at it to make it happen .