Completely Off Topic

Anybody else think it's kind of funny that 75% of the time the ad at the bottom of the forum is for Lost merchandise?

It's targeted advertising, so I tend to get fantasy rpg crap. And for some reason that would annoy the crap out of my wife but makes me chuckle, Geek dating crap.

Yeah, I get that too drk... but on this game forum in particular I get ads for Lost stuff. I figured the ads were generated based on page content - ie, Lost Episodes - because I've had similar ads appear elsewhere that seemed to be based on the page too.

Hmm, maybe that does have an effect too. I've seen Lost ads before, though I haven't paid attention for a while. Going to have to pay attention now and see if that happens :P

Lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost lost.

It's called Google Adsense or something. It derives words from the current webpage (or maybe the webpage title) to produce ads. The idea is to give you more relevant ads to the page you're viewing, in the hopes you're more likely to follow one.

Huh, we're listed as one of the oldest games under the Star Wars Subweave here. And if we were correctly under Star Wars Saga we'd be rated as well.