Notices

Mynd's Eye- Recruiting Bilge Rats

Old Jul 30 '10, 6:36pm
Wyrm

Mynd's Eye- Recruiting Bilge Rats

Mynd's Eye - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 0

Now I'm assuming you have a few questions, and I will do best to answer.

Q- Mynd's Eye... but you're not Roi?!
A- No, no I'm not. However, he trusts me enough to allow to co-DM my own game in his world.

Q- Bronoft... I thought it took place in Norreth?
A- Norreth is but a city in a not entirely completed world. Bronoft is a city of my own design that Roi allowed me to place in his world.

Q- Why are you still talking?
A- Actually, I'm typing, but good point, so here's the fluff.

Whispers fill the streets and every corner of the city. Have you 'eard? Some captain is taking on a crew. For what? No one knows... Rumors say he'll take anyone. But I figure 'e can't be to picky, since most of crews die... What you didn't know? 'E supposedly killed some massive beast. Took six crews until 'e successfully killed it. Is 'e hunting monsters now? I unno. Might be. Word is 'e's got plans for bigger game.

You are a denizen of Bronoft, home to the filthiest filth in the world. Everything here revolves around profit, and not the kind that is obtained legally. Here crime is law.
You have heard rumors circulating of a crazed pirate captain searching for workers to man his ship. The pay promises to be very very good. He cares not whether you are trained in the sailing of ship or not, he just needs a crew.
You have answered his call.

Ok so here's the deal. I need a crew for a seafaring adventure in a homebrew campaign. I don't want umpteen million characters that are experienced sailors. You can come from all walks of life, and for whatever reason you have decided to sign up with said captain.
Also with the flavor of the city, I would prefer no lawful good characters (as such characters would be strung up in Bronoft).

What I do want:
Right now:
An amazing fluffy application posted in apllication thread under Ramael's game. Tell me your story. Tell me base build plans. The real crunch can be handled later.

What I want eventually:
Lvl 4 Character, Point Buy (not saying how many to prevent sheet building), Any WotC book (page and reference please), any other source on a case by case basis.
Please ask no crunch questions now

I don't know how long I plan on keeping this ad open, and I haven't decided how many players I'll be taking. It all depends on how many good apps I get.

We will be starting with a somewhat guided adventure, however your character will extend into the sandbox world and will continue until you decide to not play anymore. I am basically setting up a side campaign that revolves around Norreth's shady sister port.

If you need any other info from me, please ask. I love answering questions =D
(Also, this is my first PbP recruitment thingy so I'm sorry for it being a mess.)

Game Description:

A world where anything can happen. This fledgling world is not like those other worlds. It toes the line, steps over it, and does a damn pole vault over it too. Welcome, the land of homebrew awaits.

Last edited by Ramael; Aug 3 '10 at 5:33am..
I'm not entirely sure where I was going with my first write-up, but... there it is. Sometimes I let the character speak for himself, and in this case... he did.

at the top of the ad it says mynd's eye - forum. click that. then on the side click ramael's game. then click the link to applications. post there. ;D

Ok. A little preferred structure of the app.

Name:
Race:
Description: (what you look like)
Background: (what's your past)
Present: (what led up to you responding to the captain's plea)
Anything else you want to include go ahead. If you want anything kept private from the other characters feel free to toss it in tags.

I like what I see so far Basil.

Might want to pop that up into the main ad.

yea... it's due for a rewrite, but I lack the time tonight to do it properly. I'll do a nice big rewrite with a proper intro tomorrow after work.

I would like to use the Exoticist, Thug and Sneak Attack Fighter variant. Is that alright?

As I recall, this is a homebrew game. May want to advertise that.

I forgot to say something in this thread before, but i put an app in yesterday morning.

Quote:
Hmm I'm thinking a Storm Witch or some other sort of salt soaked sea wretch
Quote:
I would like to use the Exoticist, Thug and Sneak Attack Fighter variant. Is that alright?
To you both, please write the background and such for now. THEN we will tailor the crunch to the story. After the recruitment closes there will be time to build and for all crunch questions. Right now however, I don't want to pick people off of who builds the better sheet, but rather who tells the better story.

Quote:
I forgot to say something in this thread before, but i put an app in yesterday morning.
I saw. I check the app thread daily.

ALSO I did a partial rewrite of the ad with necessary info. More to come, but for now, I have an appointment to get tattooed.

While I understand your reluctance to deal with crunch before fluff, those things are necessary for my character, which is why I'd like to know. :\