Notices


Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.


D20Modern: Ghost in the Shell D20

   
Ghost in the Shell D20

Anyone ever have any interest in Ghost in the Shell? I'm a huge fan but it's not an easy setting for RP, until I stumbled across this gem:

http://www.serenadawn.com/GhostintheShellRPG.htm

There are plenty of D20 reskins for X IP but this one is different. It hardly resembles D20, just the core basics of it, the creator states in the book he has taken elements from Cyberpunk 2020 and has obviously made new mechanics of his own. The amount of customization in here is ridiculous and looks like a lot of fun. I just thought I would point the system out so folks can take a look at it because I felt it was too good to pass up. The creator clearly knew what he was doing when he made it, or so I believe. I haven't pruned it hard to see if every thing was balanced well but it reads like it is. Take a look in tell me what you think.

Reading through it, as mentioned in the other thread. I may consider running it too, though I'll probably want to read through the manga series first, and maybe watch the movies again (if not SAC and 2nd GIG as well).

Wwwwwhy would it be hard to game? Any fairly generic cyberpunk or future-punk system would work well.

There is virtually no need to change d20 modern and d20 future, d20 future tech to make a game of ghost in the shell. Biodroid and Bioreplicas encompass most of the androids in ghost in the shell and some weapons can just be renamed for flavor. Progress Level 7 and you are mostly set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
There is virtually no need to change d20 modern and d20 future, d20 future tech to make a game of ghost in the shell. Biodroid and Bioreplicas encompass most of the androids in ghost in the shell and some weapons can just be renamed for flavor. Progress Level 7 and you are mostly set.
Only most and some of the weapons. this thing covers just about every single bit of the GiTS universe.

Quote:
Wwwwwhy would it be hard to game? Any fairly generic cyberpunk or future-punk system would work well.

What about the hacking element where you aren't actually hacking computers, you're hacking people, that's not exactly easy to represent in any generic cyberpunk system as the creator said himself in the book, he explains your question, throughly and why he chose to use D20 modern. There are several other rulebooks on that website, this is the only one based on D20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
What about the hacking element where you aren't actually hacking computers, you're hacking people, that's not exactly easy to represent in any generic cyberpunk system as the creator said himself in the book, he explains your question, throughly and why he chose to use D20 modern. There are several other rulebooks on that website, this is the only one based on D20.
Reminds me of one of my favorite Batou quotes, "I'm sorry, but I had to hack your eyes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Reminds me of one of my favorite Batou quotes, "I'm sorry, but I had to hack your eyes."
Ha, I remember that, can't help but love anything Batou does, a synthetic package of awesomeness.

Boy, does this bring back memories. Man, I wrote that like five years ago, maybe more. It's amazing that old website still get's attention.

Heh, funny that this should pop up just now. Just finished watching an episode of CSI: New York where some robbers wore these electronic strips around their necks, which caused interference when cameras recorded them, resulting in a white haze shrouding their faces. I immediately remembered GitS, the laughing man incident, and even Batou hacking the dudes eyes.

Good times.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status