Notices

Warzone: River's Call -- Recruitment

Old Aug 27 '10, 3:47am
The Opinionator

Warzone: River's Call -- Recruitment

Warzone: River's Call - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

We currently have 11 players expressing interest, two of which have been confirmed. I will distribute game invites as you post in the Dice Thread in the game forum.

Game Description:

Game Description:
Welcome to Fludwal, adventurer. Welcome to the shining capital city of Dyrenia. Many have called it the City of Opportunity, and as far as opportunities to have your throat slit go, they're right on the money. Sure, the city might not be the prettiest thing on the horizon; a city sitting on an enormous floodgate isn't the easiest thing to make attractive. And when I say enormous, I mean ENORMOUS. Miles long, miles across, and damn near a mile high. It has to be; it spans the union of three of the largest rivers on the continent. That's right. The capital is sitting right above the largest fresh water source on the entire continent. This city is the reason that Dyrenia, small a nation as it is, hasn't had a war in nearly a thousand years; neighboring nations aren't likely to attack if they know you can flip the switch on their water. Sure, there were always the incursions from the barbarian tribes a few countries to the south, but these hardly ever made it past Corin, Dyrenia's southern neighbor.

Yep, Dyrenia has had a pretty sweet setup for the past millennium. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Remember those barbarians? Well, a few decades back, a couple of the tribes civilized, organized, militarized, and went imperial on every other tribe in the southern wastes. A few years of pacification and unification and BAM! The Empire of Darahn was born.

Nowadays, Darahn has been chomping at the bit to spread their beloved imperialism to the nations around them. And wouldn't you know it, Corin was the first to give them the chance. Turns out that old hatred dies hard, and Corin was all but crushed in just a few short months. Next on Darahn's hit list is a small nation with no buffer nation, barely any military, and no control over Darahn's water supply: Dyrenia.

So you'll excuse our mess at the moment, the news of Corin's fall just reached Fludwal, and the general populace isn't taking it all too well. Those crashes you were hearing weren't all in your head, the rioters are getting closer. And they are by no means happy.

Welcome to the Warzone, adventurer. It's hell here.

Games I Run: Warzone Reborn; Peasants vs. Goblins
Games I Play: Between Earth and Sky

Last edited by Arkyrion; Aug 27 '10 at 8:34pm..
Would either Warblade, or Erudite be okay?

I have the links, but for some reason WotC's site is down.

This is a good ad, Arkyrion. I see you're still pretty new to Myth-Weavers, so I'd like to welcome you and let you know you've put together a solid ad for a
And by Hatchling, I simply mean someone new to the site. No disrespect meant.
Hatchling.

I'm not sure if I'll have the extra time to join a game like this at the moment, but I'm curious: is this a sandbox-type game, or is there a definite plot and storyline?

Any chance you'd allow a cleric or druid to pick a Forgotten Realms deity? The list in just PHB is just so...vanilla.

And I agree with SS, very well written and interest-awakening ad.

@EvilJoe15: A warblade or erudite would be fine, I'd just need to you to send me a message or email with their stat blocks and notable abilities.

@ShadowStalker: Thanks. A bit of encouragement always helps. Anyhow, it's a combination of both. There's definitely a storyline, but how closely your adhere to it is entirely up to the party. You could easily be gallivanting around Fludwal killing rats in the sewers while a red dragon terrorizes the town your employer assigned you to defend. Granted, it probably won't be that severe, but the point is that the plot marches on, whether you're there to enjoy it or not.

@Samy: I'm unfamiliar with the FR deities, but sure, knock yourself out. Just be ready for some weird looks from people who have no idea who your god/goddess is (your situation would be akin to that of a scientologist in China. Or Australia. Or pretty much anywhere that isn't California)

Just a general note, I'm not a DM that actively tries to kill his players (although, having played under one such DM, I can tell you that this makes for a very fun game experience), and I'll won't throw you anything you can't handle...at first. The difficulty curve, while not quite being a brick wall, is still a pretty steep one. Fortunately, I've always been a fan of magical gear, so you should be fairly well prepared.

Posting interest. I'll have to see if I can come up with something nice for this story. definitely sounds fun

Posting interest.

Do you have a rolling thread up? I seem to recall it being impossible to roll dice in an ad thread.

Nissa Lionessa Indania Farfoot
Female/23/Halfling
Bard 1

Where should I make a rolling thread? Sorry about the lack of know-how, but this is my first attempt at running a game on here.